- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or another relevant subject
- Completed national youth service
- 1+ years of experience in big-data related software development; experience with data modeling, design patterns and building highly scalable and secured solutions
- Background in development with practical experience with at least one general purpose programming languages (Python, R, C, Java, Scala, etc.)
- Familiar with big data platforms (SQL, Teradata, Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience preparing data for analytics and following a data science workflow
- Advanced knowledge of data structures and algorithms, networking, operating systems, standard unix/linux operating systems, version control and DevSecOps tool chains, etc.
- Ability to work with a myriad of data types (structured and unstructured), extracting information from modern and legacy data platforms and identify and perform linkages across disparate data sets
- Meaningful experience in extracting and loading data from multiple database technologies like RDBMS (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL), MPP (AWS Redshift, Teradata, Snowflake), and optionally NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J, Titan)
- Experience and interest in Cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Commercial client-facing project experience is helpful
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English; fluency in local office language(s) is a plus
What You’ll Do
You will apply your passion for finding opportunities in data by using established tools and techniques or by innovating/building new ones.
In this role, you will collaborate with highly talented business consultants and data-scientists to design and drive architecture and implementation planning for our clients and act as a big data evangelist, educating McKinsey’s and client’s teams on data engineering topics.
You’ll actively cooperate with data scientists and digital consultants to incorporate clients’ requirements and impactful analysis into our data products. You’ll also be an expert in data engineering and advise relevant people at the firm on technical aspects of analytics engagements.
You will shape the future of what data-driven organizations look like, drive processes for extracting and using that data in creative ways, and create new lines of thinking within an infinite number of clients and situations.
Lastly, you’ll do meaningful work that makes a real difference with our clients. This is a hybrid client-facing/technical role using state-of-the-art technologies, whilst also being able to communicate complex intractable ideas to non-technical audiences.
YLPs receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams.
Following the end of the YLP, assuming good performance, you may be offered a full-time business analyst role with the office.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be based in our Lagos, Nigeria office as part of our QuantumBlack, AI by McKinsey team, partnering with consultants, clients, and other colleagues.
Our QuantumBlack, AI by McKinsey teams bring the latest analytical techniques plus a deep understanding of industry dynamics and corporate functions to help clients create the most value from data.
You’ll be a part of our Young Leaders Programme (YLP). You will be an integral member of our teams and will work directly with clients.
The Young Leaders Programme is a 1-year full-time consulting program designed for recent university graduates from different academic backgrounds interested in pursuing an exciting career in consulting and passionate about working in Africa.
This is an internship open to West African graduates who have completed or are yet to begin their country’s mandatory national youth service. YLP helps to develop exceptional young local African talent into real leaders.
- Embassy of France in Nigeria Scholarship 2023 for Masters Degree in a France
- UI/UX Design Interns Needed at eHealth4everyone
- WEMA Bank Hackaholics 4.0 Hackathon for Young Nigerian Entreprenuers (6 Million Naira Prize)
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Training Program 2023
- Wema Bank Tech Training Bootcamp and Certification 2023
- Code for Africa Fellowships 2023 for Creatives ($1,550/month stipend)
- 2023 Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) Prize for Literature ($USD 100,000 prize)
- Call for Applications: 2023 UNESCO Internship Program for International Students
- Apply: HotNigerianJobs Is Looking for 10 Data Entry Officers in Nigeria
- Nigerian Federal Government Scholarship Award 2023 is Now Open for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- Remote Data Analyst Internship at Axios ($17/hr Payment)