Cameroun, Congo Brazzaville, Congo DRC, Cote d’Ivoire, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Tchad, Uganda, and Zambia. The Bank also operates in the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and with a presence in Paris.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Business Partner
Job Type: Permanent
- We are looking for a candidate who has practical and hands on business partnering experience.
- Our ideal candidate must be knowledgeable about HR processes, employee lifecycle and the business.
- He/she must have strong business acumen, relationship management and analytical skills.
Job Objective (s)
- To ensure an effective business partnering relationship in assigned regions, in line with the strategic objectives of the bank
- To provide strategic input on Talent Management issue to Business Leaders.
Strategic Workforce Planning:
- Analyze, forecast, and plan workforce supply and demand, assessing gaps, and implementing target talent management interventions to ensure that the Bank has the right people – with the right skills in the right places and at the right time.
- Partner with key stakeholders across business groups to conduct workforce planning following the outcome of job analysis and evaluation.
- Make use of relevant tools in churning out important workforce planning information to be used in reaching talent decisions and making feasible plans.
Employee Engagement and Motivation:
- Drive a culture of Simplicity, Responsiveness and Goal orientation & deploy a system that drives a culture of openness, equity and inclusiveness.
- Drive the employee engagement initiatives in line with your unit’s strategy.
- Provide consultation to employees and managers on grievance and disciplinary matters & ensure hearings are conducted fairly.
People Strategy & Change Management:
- Drive and execute your units People Strategy with the objective of achieving optimal staff productivity across line of Business.
- As the execution arm of HR, implement proffered Talent Management solutions and group-wide initiatives.
- Implement & ensure an efficient employee onboarding process that leaves a lasting impression of excellence in the mind of the new employee.
- Drive and manage the system of clear career progression for staff that leverages on the diversity and vast scope of operations across line of business.
- Drive initiatives that ensures employees commitment to the organization’s goals & values, are encouraged to contribute to organizational success.
- Track and manage poor performance, within the Bank and providing performance report to Business leaders for informed decision.
- Monitor and manage successors in Anchor & critical roles within your line of business at every point in time.
- Provide Supervisors with the tools to create individualized development plans for their reports.
Coaching and Mentoring:
- Drive bank wide mentoring programmes.
- Establish metrics for measuring the effectiveness and success of the coaching and mentoring programs.
- Create opportunities for mentors and mentees to connect, beyond online mentoring platform.
- Provide advice and guidance on a wide range of highly complex HR issues to senior management and or management teams.
- Monitor the external environment and provide guidance on new developments which may be required in response to changing market, legislative and employment conditions.
- First Degree in any relevant Social Science degree.
- 5 – 8 years’ related work experience.
- HR certification such as CIPD, SHRM, CIPM and proven experience as a HR Business Partner in a financial sector is an added advantage.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Good knowledge of employee lifecycle model with practical/hands-on experience.
- Knowledge of HR metrics & analytics.
- Knowledge of HR processes & labour law.
- Good coaching and counselling skills.
- Rational, confident and mature approach to decision making.
- Well-developed critical and analytical thinking.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, negotiation and expectations management.
- Effective listening skills.
- Project management skills.
- Strong orientation towards customer support and responsiveness.
- Ability to build teams and foster team spirit.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online