Mahmee is in search of a Freelance Copywriter and Content Creator to join our Marketing team and report to the Director of Marketing. As a member of the Marketing Team, the Copywriter will write and edit copy for a variety of projects (including print, web, mobile, video, email, and social media), working closely with the marketing team to develop messaging. The Copywriter will collaborate with key stakeholders across the company to ideate and translate marketing goals into clear communication reflecting Mahmee’s brand, tone and voice. The ideal candidate is someone who is a passionate and skilled storyteller; has direct experience marketing products or services to historically underrepresented audiences including Black, Hispanic, Asian, and/or Indigenous communities; and, has a proven track record in creating engaging content.
This is an independent contractor position with an approximate allocation of 10-15 hours per week (not guaranteed), and an opportunity for the position to grow over time for the right candidate. This is a remote role.
- Own content creation projects, as assigned, and work with key partners on timing and messaging that fits within established narrative and channels using the Mahmee voice.
- Be a brand champion, ensuring our brand voice and personality is reflected in all copy, content, and creative.
- Write compelling copy that captures readers’ attention across a variety of mediums and channels, including print, web, mobile, video, email, and social media. Copyedit and proofread marketing materials for quality, consistency, and compliance, including grammar, punctuation, brand style and brand guideline considerations.
- Prioritize and manage your own workload while taking ownership of deadlines across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Present content options to the team, complete revisions based on feedback/direction, submit final deliverables in a timely manner.
- Assist the Director of Marketing with project management and development of both social-led and integrated marketing programs.
- Support the Marketing Director with other communications-related tasks, as needed.
- Marketing experience relating to general healthcare, women’s health, maternal health, pediatric health, or other related topics.
- Marketing experience relating to engaging historically underrepresented audiences.
- At least 3 years of experience in copywriting and editing.
- Experience in creating, monitoring, and optimizing social media content and social media communities.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to think strategically and conceptualize creatively.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Punctual, motivated and detail-oriented.
MCH Ventures is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company will not, under any circumstances, discriminate against an employee with regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, religion, disability, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics. As such, we aim to provide reasonable accommodation to any employee or qualified applicant with a disability.