1. Senior Partner Sales Manager, Nigeria & Kenya
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to work and support leading Systems Integrators, Born-in-cloud-Solution Providers, Consulting & Service Delivery Partners, Distributors and other members of the AWS partner ecosystem in the Enterprise market segment. As a Partner Sales Manager (PSM) for Commercial Sales (CS) supporting the Nigerian & Kenyan markets, you will have the exciting opportunity to develop and deliver on our strategy to lead with partners in customer engagements that drive customer business outcomes.
You will drive the AWS business opportunities with partners by teaming with the account management teams and their leadership in Nigeria & Kenya. This requires driving field relationships with partners, customers and the AWS sales team. You will be responsible for top line revenue growth and overall customer adoption across the target segments. The ideal candidate will possess a business background that enables them to engage at the CxO level and to easily interact with Partners, Customers and sales/field reps. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Your responsibilities will include establishing and growing business and technical relationships while managing the day-to-day partner sales interactions, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall AWS adoption via partners in Nigeria & Kenya.
Key job responsibilities
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Have a holistic view of the Partner Community in the designated territory, a deep understanding of the partner capabilities and solutions that will delight customers.
- Advise customers and AWS commercial sales teams on the value of partners, engagement models, and recommend qualified partners to support customer needs.
- Expand existing AWS footprint as well as drive new customer engagements with partners to grow overall revenue with a focus on business outcomes.
- Become a trusted member of the sales team to own deal execution with partners, leveraging Partner programs, and coaching Partners on best practices.
- Work closely with Partner Sales Solution Architects (PSSA) to ensure partners deliver quality results and work with Partner Development Managers (PDM) on engaging their partners in the local market.
- Work with multiple sales and technical teams within both AWS and each partner to define and execute joint technology, marketing and sales initiatives.
- Establish a business cadence and create and execute operational rigor around initiatives and pipeline management with internal and external stakeholders.
About the team
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Experience in engaging and influencing C-level executives and strong familiarity with decision making processes in a customer and partner enterprise environment
- Strong sales and commercial acumen with a desire to coordinate field teams to develop and close high-profile deals
- Experience of direct and Partner sales or business development within the Software / IaaS/ Cloud / SaaS markets
- Experience working with diverse and complex partner ecosystems including SI´s, Telcos and Distributors
- Demonstrated experience working with cross-function stakeholders including direct and channel marketing, product management, operations, account management teams, legal, finance etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
· 10 years of technology-related sales experience working with customer accounts and partners.
· Understanding of partners and channel ecosystems
· Prior experience working with or for channel partners
· Demonstrated experience exceeding quota and key performance metrics.
· Demonstrated ability to engage and influence C-level executives.
· Fluent English
2. Startup Segment Leader, Sub Saharan Africa, AWS Startups
As AWS continues to rapidly grow, we seek a leader to own and scale out the startup customer segment in Sub Saharan Africa (SSA). The startup segment in Sub-Sharan Africa is experiencing non-linear growth. In this role, you will continue to accelerate this direction, building strategy through execution and inspirational leadership. You will manage a team of Account Managers and guide the wider cross-functional team. You will be adept at delivering growth in early stage companies who are making their initial IT decisions. You and your team will establish and maintain relationships within key customers, driving innovation and capabilities for startups across infrastructure and business application landscapes. You will build and develop a team who will execute on your strategy throughout Africa. You will develop talent in the Amazon mold who will continue to raise the bar.
In this role, you will lead a team across Africa who influences customers to leverage AWS to power their business and technology outcomes. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast growing and entrepreneurial organization, bringing innovation and growing the adoption of cloud for some of the most innovative and entrepreneurial companies in the world. This role will require you to understand the unique needs of early stage entrepreneurs, startup founders and developers. You will be responsible for developing opportunity pipelines, evangelizing cloud computing, and driving revenue and user adoption for this important group of customers. You will be expected to build and execute scalable sales motions to acquire new customers.
The position requires to move to Kenya in the future.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Drive revenue and market share of startups in Africa.
· Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets.
· Develop and execute a comprehensive regional plan.
· Accelerate customer adoption.
· Maintain a robust sales pipeline.
· Manage contract negotiations.
· Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
· Ensure customer satisfaction.
· Expect moderate travel
· 10+ years of technology related sales
· 5+ years of sales management experience
· Proven track record building successful teams
· Deep insights into the startup ecosystem in Africa, main stakeholders and trends
· A long-term mindset that understands the importance of investing in and adding value to startups early in their lifecycle to earn their trust and loyalty before they become big companies
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· BA/BS degree required
· MBA or Masters degree
· Fluent in French
· Previous cloud expertise at a technology company
· Proven track record of building successful teams
· A technical background in engineering or computer science
· History of working with, selling to tech startups
3. Associate Solutions Architect, EMEA Startup Scaling Team
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Startup EMEA team is seeking early career professionals, and advanced career professionals with limited technical experience interested in jump-starting a career as a Startup Associate Solutions Architect.
During the first 3 months you will be in accelerated workforce development program, shadowing AWS experts, being coached, preparing to become an AWS Associate Certified Solutions Architect and receiving on-the-job training to help you succeed in your new role.
As a Startup Associate Solutions Architect, you’ll help Startups successfully implement cloud technologies. You’ll solve complex, technical challenges so your customers can focus on their business. This includes using your knowledge to craft scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud architectures. You’ll drive technical solutions discussions, diving deep into the details with customer teams.
Building relationships to understand our startups is key. As a trusted technical advisor, you’ll use your interpersonal skills to influence a variety of stakeholders from technical teams to executives. You’ll help ensure their short-term technology decisions are aligned with their long-term goals. Speeding up the adoption of our services will be part of your day to day.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfilment AND WE encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded Solutions Architect and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
- A degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Mathematics / Technology / Related science/technical field OR equivalent training, certifications, and/or experience.
- Experience with Networking fundamentals including Security, Storage or Databases (Relational and/or NoSQL), Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows)
- Experience with one or more of the following domains: systems administration (Linux/Window), network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing), or programming (Node.JS, Java, Ruby, C#, Python, or PHP).
- Written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to both large and small audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Fluent proficiency in English.
- Experience around implementing cloud-based technology solutions.
- Startup work experience is a plus.