HUB@Goethe Mentorship Programme 2022 for cultural and social start-ups.
Application Deadline: February 11th 2022
HUB@Goethe is an intensive mentorship programme for cultural and social start-ups, which takes entrepreneurs on a journey of developing the foundation of their companies. The programme is set in an open dynamic and creative space at Goethe-Institut South Africa: LIBRARY-GAMEBOX-HUB.
HUB@Goethe is currently accepting applications for the sixth cohort! This call is open to all creatives, innovators, space makers and game developers of all nationalities with businesses centred on cultural and social impact. Candidates must be based in Johannesburg for the duration of the programme.
• Only entrepreneurs running start-ups that are cultural or have a strong social focus can apply
• Your business should be between IDEATION and VALIDATION phase
• Should have a turnover of less than R120 000 annually
• Your business should be registered or formalised
• Entrepreneurs must be above the age of 18 and eligible to work in the Republic of South Africa, should they not be citizens of the country
• Entrepreneur Support and Development – one-on-one and group mentorship, masterclasses, business coaching and strengths building
• Community management – Members will be part of a vast network of like-minded creative entrepreneurs ready to exchange ideas and collaborate on projects
• Fully Equipped Work Space – Accessible 4 days a week (depending on Lockdown Levels) with a boardroom table, a flat screen, lounge area and unlimited internet connection
• GAMEBOX – Members are invited to make use of the analogue and digital games available in the Gamebox
• LIBRARY – Members will have free Library membership providing access to diverse on and offline reading material
- Applications are open from 10 January to 11 February 2022.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified on 21 February 2022.
- Interviews will take place from 14-18 March. The interview will include a maximum 5 minute pitch on the candidates’ start-ups. Candidates who make it to the interview stage will be emailed the details on how to prepare.
- Successful candidates will be notified on 25 March 2022.
- Orientation Week for the chosen Hubbers will commence from 25-29 April 2022.
- The sixth cycle of HUB@Goethe mentorship programme will commence on 4 May 2022.
Please note: HUB@Goethe does not provide direct funding. For queries, please contact Sibongile.Msimango@goethe.de
For More Information: