How To Apply For KYEOP cycle 8
As the application process for the KYEOP cycle 8 is now open, this article is to guide you on the application processes to avoid unnecessary mistakes during the application.
What Is KYEOP cycle 8
The KYEOP cycle 8 stands for Kenya Youth Employment and Opportunities Project (KYEOP) and cycle 8 means this is the 8th time the project is been held. The KYEOP is a transformational project that aims to empower and uplift the well-being of the youth in Kenya by equipping them with essential training, internship, and business grant opportunities.
Eligibility KYEOP cycle 8
Below are the eligibility requirements for the KYEOP cycle 8 Application, Before applying for any opportunity it is very important to firstly know the requirements for the opportunity so as to know if you are eligible or not.
- Kenya Youths between 18-29 years of age (with some components extending up to 35 years)
- Should have National I.D
- Have no more than form 4 education
- Do not currently have a job
- Must be a Kenya citizen
Business Support For KYEOP Cycle 8 Beneficiaries:
The beneficiaries of the kyeop cycle 8 will receiving the following business support:
- Grants to start or expand their businesses.
- Business development services where they are trained and guided on how to be great entrepreneurs.
Training & Internship For KYEOP 8 Cycle Beneficiaries:
The beneficiaries of the kyeop cycle 8 will receiving the following training and internship support:
- 1 month of Life Skills & Core Business Skills Training.
- 2 months of formal skills training followed by 3 months of internship.
- 5 months apprenticeship under a qualified Master-Craftsman
- Entrepreneurship training.
Areas of Formal Technical Training for KYEOP cycle 8
|ICT||Catering||Fashion Design||Bee Keeping|
|Hair Dressing||Solar PV Technology||Welding||Beauty Therapy|
|Oil Pipeline Operations||Painting and Decoration||Motor Vehicle Mechanics||Electrical Installation|
|Plant Operations||Electricals||Hospitality||Food processing|
Areas of Informal Technical Training for KYEOP cycle 8
|Welding and metal fabrication||Motor vehicle mechanics||Panel beating and spraying||Fashion and Design|
|Woodwork||Bio sand production||ICT||Bakery|
How To Apply For The kyeop cycle 8
Follow the below step by step procedures for applying for the Kyeop cycle 8 program online.
- Navigate to the KYEOP CYCLE 8 APPLICATION LINK 2022
- On this page, click on ‘Support to start, run or expand your business’ tab.
- On the next page, you will be required to select your preferred ‘County of intake’ among the list provided
- Once this is done, you are then required to select your preferred ‘Sub-county of intake’ within the previously chosen county.
- Onward, the registration process will be conducted in sections
In section 1, you are required to fill in your personal information such as: first/middle/surname, gender/sex, date of birth, National ID number, county/sub-county/ward of residence, marital status, availability of children under 4 years and disability check.
In section 2, you are required to fill in your contact details such as: location/sub-location/village/estate/landmark, email address, mobile number and alternative contact person.
In section 3, you are required to fill in your occupation status such as: education level, employment status, whether you have any business aspirations and your availability for training in the next 8 months.
In section 4, you are required to fill in your education and skills background such as your highest education level as well as your ability to read and write.
In section 6, you are required to confirm the accuracy of the information provided in all the above sections as well as accept the outcome of the decisions that shall be made in regards to your application. Once you are satisfied with the above, check the ‘Agree’ checkbox and click on ‘Confirm Application’