Wärtsilä is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We Wärtsilians help our customers unlock the value of energy transition by optimizing their energy systems and future-proofing their assets. Did you know Wärtsilä has delivered 74 GW of power plant capacity and more than 80 energy storage systems in 180 countries around the world?
In this fast-changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services – together. Want to join the ride?
1. Graduate Trainees to be trained on the different departments in Wartsila O&M sites (Operations and Maintenance)
2. Graduate trainees to be trained also on particular functions which include Electrical, Mechanical or Operator roles.
3. Trainees to gather as much information on the company and participating in OJT wherever possible, also taking notes on experiences and keeping a log of things learned.
4. Trainees to Participate in meetings, Workshops and team building activities.
5. Trainees are required to compile reports and making presentations to other staff members.
6. Trainees are to analyse existing systems and offer new ideas and areas of improvement
7. Trainees to conduct research and assist manager or supervisor wherever possible
8. Trainees to be assessed via a test and submitting of Monthly reports as a form of valuation during and at the end of the graduate trainee program.
9. Trainees to be on the Job training for the Duration of 1 year.
10.Trainees will learn to operate and maintain the power plant according to the company policies and procedures.
11. Trainees will learn to comply with all safety regulations including isolation, lock out and tag out and perform emergency procedures in order to protect personnel and equipment in case of damage or failure of safety devices.
12. Trainees will learn to utilize all tools, equipment and accessories in such a manner so as to maximise useful operating life
- Course of study – Electrical & Electronics Engineering Mechanical Engineering
- Similar graduates in relevant course of study
- Qualifications – Minimum of HND, BSc., B.Tech, B.ENG in Engineering disciplines above
- NYSC completion certificate is mandatory
- 0 – 2 years post NYSC experience
- Not older than 27 years as of December 2022Minimum qualification: HMD/BSC/B TECH
- Local resident in Nigeria
Why you and us:
We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative. We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive work community where everyone can be their true self. We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for.
Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
How to apply:
Contact & next steps
Submit your application before the deadline through our Careers portal. Applications through email will not be considered. After submitting your application you’ll receive a confirmation email. We try our best to get back to everyone within 2-3 weeks after application deadline.
In case of any questions, reach out our Regional Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]
Last application date: 28/07/2023
At Wärtsilä we value, respect, and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. We emphasise innovation in sustainable technology and services to help our customers continuously improve their environmental and economic performance. Our dedicated and passionate team of 17,000 professionals in more than 200 locations in 68 countries shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. In 2021, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.8 billion. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com.