Deadline: May 14, 2021.
The Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or African Commonwealth countries.
The Government of the Republic of Mauritius is offering scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries for full-time, on-campus postgraduate programmes tenable in public Higher Education
Institutions (HEIs) in Mauritius.
- For undergraduate programmes, applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not hiave reached their 26th birthday by the closing date of application.
- For Master’s programmes, applicants should not have reached 35 years and, for PhD programmes, applicants should not have reached 40 years by the closing date of application.
- Applicants must have already applied for a full-time on-campus programme (Diploma, Degree, Master’s or PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius (listed in Section 8 in the Guidelines for Applicants) for academic year starting in 2021.
- The scholarship will be for a maximum duration as indicated in the table below or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
- The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting their tuition fees and in contributing to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius.
- Furthermore, the scholarship covers a return airfare by the most
economical route. This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies.
- All students will be required to undergo a 14-day quarantine upon arrival in Mauritius; the cost of which will be covered under this scheme. Cost of PCR tests will also be met.
- Additionally, if any student is tested positive for the Coronavirus (Covid-19) upon arrival, the related medical expenses will be covered under this scheme.
Applications, together with supporting documents as required should be forwarded to the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology of the Republic of Mauritius at the address mentioned below, for a final selection.
The Senior Chief Executive,
Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology
(Attn: Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Division)
Level 2, MITD House, Pont Fer, Phoenix 73544.
Republic of Mauritius (Email: [email protected] )
For more information visit the official webpage of government of republic of Mauritius scholarships 2021