Google is launching an online Cybersecurity Certificate on Coursera for Sub-Saharan Africa to address the region’s cybersecurity skills gap. With 2,000 scholarships, the course will boost digital transformation and economic growth by equipping learners with in-demand tech skills.
According to the Digital Sprinters report, Africa stands to realize accelerated economic growth through digital transformation by focusing on among other pillars, skills development for its citizens.
There is a growing demand for cybersecurity skills across all sectors. It is estimated that there are about 3.5 million cybersecurity job vacancies globally, up from just 1 million in 2013.
In Africa, we can save $4bn annually by preventing cybercrime with cybersecurity threats being on the rise as the world becomes more connected. However, there is a shortage of trained cybersecurity experts – a recent survey revealed that two-thirds of enterprises reported issues in recruiting and retaining qualified cyber professionals.
Google is committed to helping strengthen cybersecurity in Africa by sharing our expertise and expanding access to cybersecurity careers for more people.
That’s why today, in Sub-Saharan Africa, we are announcing a new Google Career Certificate available online on Coursera, which prepares learners for new careers in the high-growth field of cybersecurity. This new certificate provides Africans the opportunity to gain skills in this highly sought-after tech field.
The cybersecurity certificate will teach learners how to identify common risks, threats, and vulnerabilities, as well as the techniques to mitigate them. They also will gain hands-on experience using Python, Linux, SQL, and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools.
The Roothub in Nigeria, with a strong workforce development programs to reach learners, is here to provide you access to the Cybersecurity certificate and support through the learning journey.
You can apply via: https://forms.gle/Y8wG9CRNZvxNaNMi8
- Apply Now: Airtel Ng Is Hiring for Positions
- Call for Interns: Data Engineering Internship at Indicina
- NITDA – Coursera Tech Skills Training Scholarship 2023 Cohort 2
- Facebook/Ingressive4Good Social Media Marketing Scholarship 2023 for Young Africans
- Access Bank/ Udacity Tech Scholarship Program 2023
- Access Bank 2023 Entry Level Recruitment and Internship Program for Young Nigerian Graduates.
- MTN Scholarship Application 2023 Now Open (Deadline: June 18th, 2023)
- Bic is Looking for Sales Reps
- NOKIA Mobile Network MEA Training Program 2023 for Young Graduates
- Deloitte Nigeria Graduate Academy Digital Programme 2023