Applications are now open for the Google Africa PhD Fellowship Program 2023
Application Deadline: May 11, 2023
Google PhD Fellowship students are a select group recognized by Google researchers and their institutions as some of the most promising young academics in the world. The Google PhD Fellowship Program was created to recognize outstanding graduate students doing exceptional and innovative research in areas relevant to computer science and related fields.
Fellowships support promising PhD candidates of all backgrounds who seek to influence the future of technology. Google’s mission is to foster inclusive research communities and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
The Fellowships are awarded to students who represent the future of research in the following fields:
- Algorithms, optimizations and markets
- Computational neural and cognitive sciences
- Health research
- Human-Computer interaction
- Machine learning
- Machine perception, speech technology and computer vision
- Mobile computing
- Natural language processing (including Information Retrieval and Extraction)
- Privacy and Security
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Quantum computing
- Recommender systems
- Structured data and database management
- Systems and networking
Students receive named Fellowships which include a monetary award. The funds are given directly to the university to be distributed to cover the student’s expenses and stipend as appropriate.
In addition, the student will be matched with a Google Research Mentor. There is no employee relationship between the student and Google as a result of receiving the fellowship.
The award does not preclude future eligibility for internships or employment opportunities at Google, nor does it increase the chances of obtaining them. If students wish to apply for a job at Google, they are welcome to apply for jobs and go through the same hiring process as any other person.
- Up to 3 year Fellowship
- US $30K to cover stipend and other research related activities, travel expenses including overseas travel
- Google Research Mentor
For current PhD Students
- Applicants must be enrolled into a full-time PhD program at a university in Africa. Applicants who are currently in their first year of a part-time PhD program and transferring to full-time positions are also welcome to apply.
- Students should be early stage PhD students, i.e., should not have been into more than 1 year of their PhD. Applicants for the 2023 Fellowship must have started their program on or after 1-Jan-2023.
- Students must remain enrolled in the PhD program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
- Applicants must be pursuing a PhD in Computer Science or related areas.
- Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible
- Students who are already receiving another corporate fellowship are not eligible.
For current Undergraduate/Masters students and Professionals
- Grant of the fellowship to this category of applicants is contingent on them joining a full-time PhD program at a university in Africa within the calendar year of the award.
- Student applicants must be full-time Undergraduate or Masters students enrolled at an African university. Professionals must be employed/affiliated with an organization registered in Africa.
- The Google Fellowship award shall be contingent on the awardee registering for the full-time PhD program at an African university, in Computer Science or related areas, within the calendar year 2023, or the award shall be forfeited.
- Grant of the Google Fellowship does not mean admission to the PhD program of a university. The awardee must also complete the PhD admission process of the respective institute/university where he/she wishes to register for PhD.
- Grant of the Google Fellowship will be subject to the rules and guidelines applicable in the institute/university where the awardee registers for the PhD program.
- Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible.
- The Google Africa PhD Fellowship program application window is now open.
- Submit by 11:59:59pm UTC-12 (AOE) May 11, 2023. Notification of decisions will be made in July 2023.
For More Information:
- The Republic Is Hiring Social Media Managers (N350,000-N550,000/Month)
- Moniepoint Women in Tech Internship 2023 for Female Africans
- FAOU Spring Internship Program 2023 for Youth Worldwide
- PwC Kenya Graduate Recruitment Program 2023 for young Kenyans
- Apply Now: GTBank Graduate Trainee Programme 2023
- Intern UI/UX Design Internship at Flexisaf
- African Union Internship and Job Recruitment 2023 (29 Positions)
- Apply: Alx 14 Months Data Science Bootcamp and Certification for Africans ($15,000 Worth of Scholarship)
- APPLY: 2023 MTN Global Graduate Program for Young Africans
- Product Designer (Remote) Needed at Kuda Bank
- Call for Teachers: Teach For Nigeria Fellowship Program 2023
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Training Program 2023
Never miss an opportunity again. Join our Telegram Group or WhatsApp Group
One Comment on “Google Africa Fellowship Program 2023 for African Graduate Students ($30,000 Monetary Award)”