Deadline: May 10th, 2022
Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) Africa 2022 Photo Competition for young African Photographers (USD 900 cash prize)
Prepare your cameras, photographers from all over the world. The GLF Africa 2022 Photo Competition is now accepting applications. GLF would want to see your viewpoint on the beauty and richness of this magnificent continent, whether you’re a professional or amateur, nature or urban photographer.
Through your camera lenses, take us on a visual journey across the African continent, from Algeria’s Sahara desert to South Africa’s bustling cityscapes, from local people recovering their land to youth and women developing local solutions and opportunities.
- Anyone over the age of 18, whether a photo enthusiast or a professional photographer, is eligible to enter the Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) Africa 2022 Photo Competition
- By submitting the photo, the participant certifies that their participation complies with the rules and that they are familiar with the competition’s terms.
- Photos that have won various photography competitions in the past will be disqualified.
- Cash prizes of USD 400 (1st place), USD 300 (2nd place) and USD 200 (popular vote).
- A spread and interview in Landscape News.
- A showcase at the GLF Africa 2022 Digital Conference.
How to participate
- To participate, upload your photo here.
- Each photograph is a single entry.
- The uploaded file must include the photo’s title and the contributor’s name and contact information, including email address, social media handles (if applicable) and a caption listing the subject and location.
A panel of judges chosen by the GLF will assess all entries and shortlist up to 25 images from all eligible submissions received during the competition period. The following criteria will be used to select the finalists:
- Creativity (30%)
- Photographic quality (30%)
- Composition (30%)
- Execution of theme (10%)
The finalist images will be posted on the GLF’s internet channels. The public will be invited to vote for their best images, with the ‘popular vote’ award going to the submission that obtains the most votes. The panel will select the winners of the first and second prizes.
Entries will be accepted until 10 May. Finalists will be announced on 20 May, with the winners announced in June.
For More Information: