The main purpose of the role of a Graphic Designer is to conceptualize, collaborate and create static, video and interactive visual components to aid a student’s learning, under the guidance of a Senior Graphic Designer or Graphic Design Manager.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Conceptual (quality of problem-solving and brainstorming ability):
- Low level of conceptual work expected
- Support will be given by senior members of team or manager
- Engage in team training to further personal & departmental development
Technical Skills (functional capabilities required for visual component production):
- Demonstrable skill in at least one aspect of Ed Design (illustration, layout, typography)
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator with a working knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop
- Communication (quality of written & verbal communication and relationships):
- Effective, clear and professional communication of concepts, ideas and processes
- Good interpersonal skills and relationships with the team
- Give and receive feedback effectively
- Improve and build communication skills gaps
- Initiative (quality of proactive ideas and innovations):
- Engage in brainstorms to drive innovations.
- Self motivated
Quality Assurance (level of design output and level of reviewing required to obtain desired output):
- Self review at a low risk level
- Work QA’d against brief by Graphic Design Manager with mentoring by Mid-Weight and Senior Designers
- Staying informed of trends and sharing with team
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 0-3 years relevant industry experience.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Design Diploma/Degree).
- Strong design, conceptual and illustrative skills using the Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & CorelDraw; Use of Adobe After Effects & Premier Pro is a PLUS
Send your CV and portfolio to [email protected], using the Job Title as Subject of Email.