ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Application Development/Business Process Automation
- Create quality mock-ups and prototypes.
- Develop and maintain user interfaces for applications and websites.
- Create web and application interfaces that are compatible with and consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices
Ø Fix bugs and test for usability
- Ensure proper version control and documentation of development activity
- Develop user guides and provide varying degrees of software support
- Make sure that applications can be run on existing and new hardware
- Create applications tailored to business needs
- Deliver technical presentations/demonstrations of work
- Research, identify, and recommend new software applications to improve company operations
- Deliver support and training to end users within company to help them use the various software programs and associated services effectively to fulfil the company’s objectives
- Monitor and correct software defects and errors in a timely manner, in line with specified service levels
- Access software updates, knowledge bases, and other resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution
- Maintain a software support knowledgebase
Reports – Generating the required weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and annual reports and presentations based on applications developed or improved on.
Safety & Security — Actively promote and personally observe safety and security procedures and use equipment and materials properly.
Hazard Identification – Promote risk-based thinking and eliminate all identified hazards throughout the organization.
Other duties as required by the Organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Two to four years of frontend software development experience
- Familiarity with cross-browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web application development process (design, development, testing and deployment)
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to provide technical training to end users
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Interpersonal skills and creativity
Want more jobs? Join our group.