Who We Are
NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society.
With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at the state and nationwide scales. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement — all grounded in learning science — to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential.
Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
The Data Analytics team at NewGlobe is housed within the Schools group and collaborates across departments to help leaders monitor multiple Key Performance Index (KPIs) to manage schools across programmes better. We also dig deeper into each KPI to answer how to improve current situations and to identify actionable steps for NewGlobe managers.
We mainly conduct quantitative analyses on KPIs such as school leader attendance, teacher classroom coverage, pupil enrolment, and lesson completion. The heart of the work is communicating how we could improve the KPIs through various reports and support the improvement process by collaborating with NewGlobe managers.
We take pride in providing rigorous data analysis and our ability to communicate clearly in words, tables, and data visualizations. We intend our work to make a difference in how NewGlobe managers and our government partners think and act. We judge our own work accordingly.
About the Role
We are seeking a full-time Data Analyst to join our team. We are looking for someone eager to conduct data analysis, share their expertise, and build upon a tradition of evaluation and data excellence at NewGlobe.
The Data Analyst is responsible for supporting the data analysis of different descriptive analyses and reporting within the organisation. These analyses range from simple descriptive analyses using a few Excel formulas to more complex work using multiple Stata or R scripts.
To do this, the Analyst will need to manage all parts of the data analysis process – from the design stage through the execution of analyses and the reporting of the findings to other internal stakeholders.
The analyst is responsible for providing high-quality data products on which other colleagues can rely and build their work. As such, this role is at the core of all the Data Analytics efforts within NewGlobe.
We view data and analytics as core to our ability to learn as an organisation. We want to cultivate data and analytics rock stars who produce and use data to reveal actionable insights for NewGlobe’s rapidly growing network of schools. The person in this role will receive constant coaching and mentoring from the rest of the Data Analytics team.
The Data Analyst should be willing to work in Lagos, Nigeria. The Data Analyst will report to the Director of Data Analytics.
What You Will Do
- Clean and analyse data sets. These data sets can be used to answer questions from a wide range of topics such as school leader attendance, lesson completion, and teacher classroom coverage.
- Ensure the creation of proper data pipelines and best data management practices.
- Contribute to a culture of data-driven decision-making by collaborating with various team members across programmes.
- Accommodate requests for quick analyses. Time-sensitive questions will come from the VPs and C-Level Executives and usually take anywhere from a few hours to a few days. Often, you will need to direct your staff to use their best judgment in the face of imperfect data.
- Other duties may be required by the Directors, VP of Schools, and C-level executives.
What You Should Have
- High data literacy and a strong background in data cleaning, data management, and data analysis. Previous experiences in education management, such as being an analyst, research assistant, and data manager in public schools, is a plus.
- A high level of proficiency with Stata, SAS, or R, and Excel. Any other data analysis software or coding language is a plus. Experience with survey software like Google Forms is also a plus.
- Undergraduate degree (or its equivalent) or Master’s degree – in a relevant academic discipline, for example (but not limited to) Education Policy, Public Policy, Economics, or Statistics.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to translate complex ideas for non-technical audiences – you will need effective verbal and written communication skills to provide valuable insights and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Belief in data-driven decision-making.
- Flexible and loves to work in a dynamic environment.
- Passion – for NewGlobe’s mission.
- Bonus – experience in extreme growth situations and dealing with complexity.
- 2+ years of Experience
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, NewGlobe works in often fragile, sometimes volatile, low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate –The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience,
- A malleable learner –You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
- NITDA – Coursera Tech Skills Training Scholarship 2023 Cohort 2
- Facebook/Ingressive4Good Social Media Marketing Scholarship 2023 for Young Africans
- Access Bank/ Udacity Tech Scholarship Program 2023
- Access Bank 2023 Entry Level Recruitment and Internship Program for Young Nigerian Graduates.
- MTN Scholarship Application 2023 Now Open (Deadline: June 18th, 2023)
- Bic is Looking for Sales Reps
- NOKIA Mobile Network MEA Training Program 2023 for Young Graduates
- Deloitte Nigeria Graduate Academy Digital Programme 2023