At Trust Lab, we’re building a safer and healthier internet for all. We strive to empower vulnerable groups, users and platforms to protect themselves from misinformation, hate speech, and violence online by developing cutting edge technical solutions at scale.
We’re looking for full-time Data Science interns passionate about solving complex, world-changing problems end-to-end using python, R or other technical data analytics tools. You’ll be joining a highly experienced engineering team that moves quickly, uses the latest tools and infrastructure, and pushes the boundaries of computer science, data analytics and human computation.
If you’re excited about hacking the world’s largest online platforms closer to safety and developing on the forefront of tech for social good online, we’d love to talk. By deploying in cloud based infrastructures, using machine learning and large scale information retrieval and storing, building multidimensional social graphs and open source tools, we’re making the internet a safer place.
This role is a paid full-time (35-40 hrs/week) 12-week internship starting immediately. Candidates must be Greek-speaking or Greece-based.
- Design and build interactive dashboards to be shared with high-profile customers
- Create experiments collecting statistically significant data across the social media landscape
- Develop automation tools for remote devices to measure harmful content on social media platforms
- Use data manipulation tools to analyze and extract meaning from complex data sets
- Build new features for full-stack deployment of our custom data collection platform
- Visualize data in compelling and intuitive ways using Tableau, Data Studio or other platforms
- Strong data science skills backed by multi-faceted experience conducting data analysis from scratch and improving existing technology
- Coursework or extensive experience doing data manipulation, analysis, visualization and storytelling
- High comfort level working in Python, Pandas, and NumPy and building beautiful visualizations
- Self-guided learner that finds answers quickly and enjoys getting their hands dirty in new areas
- Ability to work alone and collaboratively, be decisive with limited information and back up decisions with sound logic while being receptive to constructive criticism
- Deliver quality within self-defined/reasonable timelines
- Degree in mathematics, computer science, information systems, or related field
- Tableau knowledge
- Experience in C#, Java, or other mid to high-level software engineering (e.g. backend or frontend development)
Opportunities + Perks
- Remote, work from anywhere, or you can co-locate with our team in Palo Alto.
- Work directly with ex-Google execs to develop and execute on cutting-edge tech.
- Competitive total comp package (salary + equity) at a rapidly growing VC-backed startup.
- Influence new product direction from idea to commercialization.
- Help develop critical tech to solve one of the 21st century’s trickiest societal problems.
- Generous technology + education stipends and healthcare coverage.