Do you believe that creating world-class digital content is among the most critical and valuable competencies for growth software companies? Do you thrive on the challenge of revitalizing failed brands through the combined effectiveness of exceptional copy, edgy design and fine-tuned SEO strategies? Unlike traditional content marketing roles, this role focuses on mastering an end-to-end world-class content generation system that serves an ever-increasing portfolio of diverse products.
What You Will Be Doing
- Use your personal domain knowledge to give documented feedback on the coaching that the team leads are delivering. This is your mechanism for ensuring that your system is operating at the talent level and quality bar that you expect.
- Identify quality improvement opportunities in the content generation system through deep-dive analysis of the team’s work and outputs
- Identify process improvement opportunities in the content generation system by being intimately familiar with the team’s processes and deadlines
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Generating content yourself
- Designing a different content generation process for each product
- Herding cats to execute against a project plan
Content Director Key Responsibilities
- Improve the quality of the content produced by improving the quality bars within the designed project plan, by adding automation wherever possible and by adding new strategic capabilities to the overall system design.
- Optimize the details of the content project plan that all products go through, either based on missed targets or perceived areas of improvement.
- Hire, fire and coach the team leads of the copywriting team, developer team and design team, who are responsible for producing highly engaging prospect-facing content. Content types include: Display Ads, Landing Pages, Websites, Case Studies, Ebooks, One-Pagers, Sales Presentations, Nurture Emails and Animated Videos.
- Liaison with key stakeholders in Marketing and Activation to ensure that your creative system adequately equips their respective functions.
- An undergraduate university degree in design, development, communications, creative writing or other liberal arts field
- At least 1-2 years of experience as a frontline UI Designer, CopyWriter or Editor for a B2B Software Company
- Recently worked as a Content Director, Creative Director or a similar position for a B2B software company that sold multiple product lines
- Intimately familiar with industry best practices related to SEO, CRO and B2B copywriting
- Demonstrated reputation as a clear data-driven thinker, who can distill vague creative principles into simple frameworks that creative individuals can execute against
- Demonstrated reputation as a scale-oriented process designer who relishes clear definitions and repeatability
- Experiencing in web development and/or directly managing web developers
About Aurea Software
Aurea was founded with the singular vision of helping businesses succeed in today’s complex digital landscape. To achieve that goal, we do things differently. Our customers enjoy access to every product in our portfolio – all of which are cloud-based, enterprise-scale, and easy to use – with one simple subscription. We focus on relationships instead of transactions. And our unique AureaOne operating model and acquisition strategy ensure that our portfolio continues to grow, so we can continue to provide competitive advantage and differentiated results for our customers no matter what the future holds.
Aurea is was an early adopter of remote-work. In fact our entire team, nearly 2000 people and growing, operates in an entirely remote work model.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $100 USD/hour, which equates to $200,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.