Role Title: Executive Assistant
We are keen on finding a champion and supportive force to our client. The ideal person for the job will be a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail. The executive assistant will be relied upon for flexibility and foresight, while maintaining confidences related to high-level systems and operations. If that sounds like you, read on!
Spurt! is a technology solutions advisory that leverages a talent network of professionals keen to collaborate with African entrepreneurs to build more efficient, more productive, and strategic businesses. Our practice is focused on deployments of technology, human-centred design thinking, and data analytics for business growth and expansion.
The client is an experienced leader and entrepreneur with about 20 years top management experience in the financial services sector in Nigeria. He has held top-level positions in insurance, asset management and pension fund management in Nigeria. He is widely regarded as a thought leader in a range of fields in sub-Saharan Africa including private equity, infrastructure, real estate and venture capital. He leads one of the top 5 pension fund managers in Nigeria.
Key Result Areas
- Quality of research and implementation support data provided to the client
- Quality of databases, recordkeeping and actionable information provided to the client
- Rate of delivery and adherence to deadlines
- Number of successfully organised events and speaking engagements
- Level of satisfaction and performance of client
- Ability to effectively organise and manage schedule, organise meetings and engagements
- Achievement of high-quality personal branding for the client
- Supportive ownership of all client deliverables and performance goals
- Solution-oriented analysis of effectiveness and development initiatives to address shortfalls
- The role is generously compensated in naira
- The client will provide benefits in line with the standards of the role
- The client will also provide benefits mandated by Lagos State law
You must display experience in handling a wide range of administrative and personal related tasks independently with little or no supervision. The Executive Assistant is a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient with integrity and confidentiality at the forefront of all activities.
The individual can exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. As an Executive Assistant, you will be an instrumental part of the client’s office and are expected to provide invaluable execution support to them with the day-to-day running of the team as well as tackle any personal errands with high quality administrative and secretarial work.
- Acting as a first point of contact: dealing with correspondence and phone calls
- Managing diaries and organising meetings and appointments including reminders of important tasks and deadlines
- Booking and arranging travel, transport, and accommodation for travel where necessary
- Organising events and conferences.
- Typing, compiling, and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence
- Managing databases and filing systems as well as implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems.
- Conducting high quality and industry relevant research on a wide variety of subjects
- Managing petty cash and handling simple financial transactions
- Running a variety of errands on behalf of the client including shopping, sourcing items etc.
- Managing business and personal errands (such as personal payroll, logistics coordination etc.) and performing general administrative tasks
- Drafting communications on behalf of the client
- Executing documents and proposals as requested and presentation in various formats.
- Creating and managing schedules for household staff, food menus and other related home affairs
- Highest degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanour at all times, in a busy, high-stress Environment.
- Good experience in tracking multiple projects using software tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, as well as the Google Suite of products – Sheets, Calendar, Docs, Slides, etc.
- Either an international MBA, Masters or PhD
- At least 3 years of work experience
- At least 18 months of experience in a technical role, including some experience working with senior management
- Experience overseeing budgets and expenses as well as developing internal processes and filing systems for management of above
- Familiarity with basic principles of business management and entrepreneurship
- Experience tracking multiple projects using software tools
- Familiarity with critical social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Medium and Twitter
- Exposure or context for global standards and work environments
- Excellent oral and technical communication skills
- Some familiarity with the tech startup or venture capital industries will be helpful
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, as well as the Google Suite of products – Sheets, Calendar, Docs, Slides, etc. with aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Possessing of technical skills required to create proposals and design solutions that demonstrate strong research, drafting and writing skills
- Organisational skills and the ability to multitask coupled with flexibility and adaptability given the volatility of emerging market startup environments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including proven success in ability to present ideas and concepts effectively and persuasively
- Strong business/commercial acumen in addition to technical business development skills
- Acute ability to build relationships across the business and external contacts. Put differently, a capacity to build strong client relationships and demonstrate good people engagement skills
- Superb presentation as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to filter matters that need the urgent attention of the client
- Excellent organisational skills and schedule management with an ability to think proactively and prioritise work effectively
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects at once
- Ability to be thorough and precise when accomplishing a task with concern for all aspects of the job involved
- Discrete and trustworthy as you will often be a party of confidential information.
- Double-checks the accuracy of information to provide consistently accurate and high-quality work.
- Demonstrate ownership of all areas of work with results-driven attitude i.e., multi-task, meet deadlines, identify goals and priorities and complete complex assignments with minimal direction
- Motivated, optimistic, and passionate about our mission
- Obsessive attention to detail, responsive communication, thoughtful problem-solving and an execution mindset; zero inbox mentality is strongly preferred
- A critical thinker, who is curious, intuitive and pays attention to detail
- Impeccable work ethic, able to multi-task and thrive working across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanour at all times, in a busy, high-stress environment
- Play well with others and demonstrate team leadership put differently, a strong ability to build relationships and trust as part of a small team
- Also, able to work autonomously with out-of-box thinking and goal-oriented actions
- Willingness to be flexible and nimble including availability to work flexible hours as needed
- Most importantly, a demonstrated and abundant commitment to making this world a better place in which to live
- You will be required to report to the office or relevant locations as stipulated by the client six (6) days a week between Mondays and Saturdays.
- The applicant must be willing and flexible to engage on out of office tasks as required.
Please email [email protected] with any questions or feedback. Or you may use this link to apply.