Application Deadline: Tuesday 28 March 2023 at 16:00 (GMT).
The Commonwealth Distance Learning Programme is one of three Master’s programmes offered by the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) provides the UK government scholarship scheme led by international development objectives. It operates within the framework of the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship plan (CSFP) and offers a vivid demonstration of the UK’s enduring commitment to the Commonwealth.
By attracting individuals with outstanding talent and identifiable potential from all backgrounds and supporting them to become leaders and innovators on returning to their home countries, the CSC’s work combines sustainable development with the UK national interest and provides opportunities for international partnerships and collaboration.
Purpose: Funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to access training and skills required for sustainable development not available in their home countries.
Intended beneficiaries: Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are for candidate from eligible low and middle income Commonwealth countries, to undertake part-time taught Master’s study with UK universities while remaining in their home countries.
To be eligible for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, candidates should:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases.
- Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship.
- A Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship covers tuition fees and study grants where required. Other scholarships, awards, or bursaries that cover the same costs may not be held concurrently.
Each participating UK University will conduct its own recruitment process to select a specified number of candidates for Distance Learning Scholarships. Universities must put forward their selected candidates to the CSC by 9 May 2023. The CSC will then confirm that these candidates meet the eligibility criteria for this scheme and universities will inform candidates of their results in July 2023.
Selection criteria include:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Potential impact of the work on the development of the candidate’s home country
How to Apply:
- Applications for Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships for the 2023/24 academic year are now open.
- The closing date for applications is Tuesday 28 March 2023 at 16:00 (GMT).
- Candidates must apply and secure admission to study an approved Master’s course at a participating UK university in addition to applying for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship via the CSC’s online application system.
For More Information:
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Training Program 2023
- Wema Bank Tech Training Bootcamp and Certification 2023
- Code for Africa Fellowships 2023 for Creatives ($1,550/month stipend)
- 2023 Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) Prize for Literature ($USD 100,000 prize)
- Call for Applications: 2023 UNESCO Internship Program for International Students
- Apply: HotNigerianJobs Is Looking for 10 Data Entry Officers in Nigeria
- Nigerian Federal Government Scholarship Award 2023 is Now Open for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- Remote Data Analyst Internship at Axios ($17/hr Payment)