Application Deadline: 9 JULY 2023
Close-Up creates Co-Production opportunities for filmmakers from different regions, and strengthens these significant ties. Documentary filmmakers from the MENA and Europe are dealing with similar quests in their films, questions of identity, discrimination of minorities, gender issues, immigration and the tension that exist between the West and East.
Our filmmakers are challenging us to look carefully at our own prejudice, they make us look at the complexities of our societies from a genuine perspective as they are recreating an important narrative with their unique observations.
Co-Productions between filmmakers from different regions will increase cultural diversity on urgent current global topics and create professional collaborations that will assist filmmakers secure additional funding.
Filmmakers has a great need for sophisticated and comprehensive understanding of the international marketplace for documentaries.
FILMMAKERS FROM THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
Afghanistan • Algeria • Armenia • Azerbaijan • Bahrain • Egypt • Georgia • Iran • Iraq • Israel • Jordan • Kuwait • Lebanon • Libya • Morocco • Oman • Palestine • Qatar • Saudi Arabia • Sudan • Syria • Tunisia • Turkey • UAE • Yemen
- Workshops and tutorial sessions will be held in English, so the participants must be able to communicate in this language.
- Participants will have to participate in a full series of three week-long workshops within 9 months. Workshops will be taking place in the months of December, March and June.
- The project submitted may be in a stage of development, pre-production or production.
- Submitted projects must have an international relevancy.
- Eligible are filmmakers at early to mid career, who have made at least one short film.
- Applicant may act as a director or producer of a project.
- The selected filmmakers should be ready to collaborate during the program with an international co-producer.
Selected filmmakers will be awarded a complete grant covering tuition fee, flight ticket(s), accommodation, and meals during the workshops.
Filmmakers work very closely in groups and one-on-one with Close Up mentors, professionals at the top of the documentary industry: John Appel, Bruni Burres, Gitte Hansen and Nino Kirtadze. They will also receive workshops from editing consultants and other special industry experts.
Our annual program consists of three week-long workshops each year in December, March, and June, along with individualized work and assignments in between. We train and support documentary filmmakers to develop a full co-production package, including a trailer, which is presented at our final workshop in the framework of a pitching forum.
For More Information:
- Call for Applications: CLOSE-UP Co-Production Training Program 2023. (Fully Funded)
- Paid Remote UI/UX Designer Interns Needed at Quizard
- Remote UX/UI Designer Needed at CreateApe Inc
- Wema Bank Plc Bankers-In-Training Programme 2023 for Young Nigerian graduates.
- Application Open: Women Techsters Bootcamp 2023 for African Tech Women (Cohort 2.6)
- Full-time Content Writers Needed at Max Drive
- Fulltime Content Writer Needed at Spleet, Nigeria
- Netflix Online Bootcamp 2023 For Underrepresented Communities who are Interested in Entry level Software Engineering Roles
- UNDP/Samsung Generation17 Programme for Young Changemakers
- Remote Freelance Medical Data Entry Associate Needed at pMD