The Teach4SDGs programme is designed as a 6-week intensive training that includes 2+ advanced lectures, comprehensive readings and assessments, and practical projects that will allow school educators to deepen their understanding of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The programme will cover the 17 SDGs and their targets, as well as relevant topics such as Education for Sustainable Development, Climate Change, Environmental Sustainability, Green and Circular Economy, AI, Technology, and Innovation.
The goal of Teach4SDGs is to empower teachers with the resources needed to educate the next generation to achieve a sustainable future.
The project will provide teachers with the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to effectively teach their students about the SDGs, and support the integration of the SDGs into the existing curriculum.
By integrating SDG-based education into the curriculum, the project aims to promote sustainable development, increase awareness, and encourage action toward achieving the SDGs.
NB: The Teach4SDGs will be conducted in English, and participants must have adequate knowledge of the language. Applications not submitted in English will be disqualified.
This programme will be conducted virtually using various learning and communication platforms.
Please consider if you will have a reliable internet connection to participate when applying.
Selected applicants will be onboard and enrolled in the 6-week intensive training and activation programme starting on the 28th of April, 2023.
To participate in this programme, please note the following criteria before proceeding with your application:
- Application is open to all Primary and Secondary School Teachers both in Public and Private Schools across Sub-Saharan African countries.
- Ability to commit at least 4 hours in 2 days per week throughout the training programme. All sessions will be conducted in the English language.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 20 – 45 years.
- Availability to partake in virtual training and conduct SDGs Activation in your school.
- Interested in being a development and transformation agent who promotes student learning about the SDGs.
- Applicants must not necessarily be acquainted with the knowledge of the SDGs 2030.