ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for enthusiastic writers who can commit to completing a select amount of projects, ideated by the team. You’ll work remotely, on projects that we assign. The work consists of helping us research and rank our lists, and writing the scripts used for voice-overs in our videos. We’re currently looking for a Junior Content Writer. This is a freelance entry-level position. This person’s primary responsibility will be conducting product research/pitching ideas, and writing product-related video scripts and social media content on various channels. We are located in Lagos, Nigeria, but this is a fully remote position and can be done from anywhere!
- Post-Secondary Education (current or graduate)
- Good Command of the English Language (written and oral).
- The ability to follow instructions & adhere to deadlines.
- Access to a reliable internet connection.
- A keen eye for detail and factual accuracy
- Have strong interest/knowledge in eCommerce and Marketing
- Have a strong research ability (seeking out information thoroughly, from reliable sources)
- You can write in an easy-to-understand, fluid style, free from spelling and grammatical errors.
- You’re open to working with editors and getting constructive comments on your work, especially early on.
- Experience in producing web content is advantageous, but it is not required.
- Experience with video editing is a plus, but it is not required.
- Experience working in a remote environment is also a plus.
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN THE SUBMISSION
- Write a short introduction about yourself
- Include a paragraph highlighting your writing experience, relevant credentials, and publication credits
- Attach links to your strongest work or portfolio, and online profile.
- 4000NGN per month
If we like your application, we will reach out to you with a take-home assignment. Afterward, we will schedule a 20min call to share our vision with you and determine if we are a match made in heaven.