Deadline: March 31, 2022
Applications are open for the Bulb Africa Fellowship Program 2022 for Tech Creatives in Africa. Fellowship at The Bulb is a 4–6-month training program for young tech enthusiasts across Africa.
The fellowship program offers a fulfilling experience for those looking to launch a career in tech. Participants simply need to pick a course, join a cohort, complete projects and gain real experience by building products!
Courses available for this cohort are:
- Product Design: Acquire the complete knowledge of one of the most sought-after skills in the world today to build and design mobile and desktop applications, websites, and more from scratch. You will learn:
- Products, product design, and the product designer role
- Design thinking and human-centered design
- User research
- User experience (UX) design
- Information architecture (IA)
- User interface (UI) design
- Working with design tools
- Prototyping and usability testing
- Creating and managing a design portfolio
- Stakeholder engagement
- Data Analytics: Acquire complete knowledge on making sense of data by building algorithms and adopting diverse techniques to discover trends that may get lost in the mass of information. Become a data analyst in 4 months via intensive training in:
- Extracting data from databases
- Extracting data from APIs
- Extracting data using web scraping tools
- Data cleaning and wrangling
- Python programming fundamentals
- Exploratory data analysis with NumPy and Pandas
- Asking the right questions from data
- Data visualization with PowerBI/Tableau
- Identifying trends in data
- Building and evaluating predictive models
- Product Management: Fast track your understanding of bringing new products to market, developing existing ones, and managing launch features at all stages of the product development lifecycle. This 4-month course covers:
- Creating and identifying opportunities
- Market research and competitor analysis
- Product development lifecycle
- Defining product vision and strategy
- Building product roadmaps
- Product development methodologies
- Building a business model canvas
- Product launch
- Understanding metrics and analytics
- Business communication / Stakeholder engagement
- Quality Assurance Testing: Master global standards and procedures for ensuring the best products and services are released into the market. In 6 months, you will learn:
- Software development life cycle
- Software testing — fundamental concepts and terminology
- Software testing — types, hierarchy, and principles
- Test documentation deep dive
- Automated testing deep dive
- API testing with Postman
- Performance testing with JMeter
- Web application testing with Selenium
Benefits of the Bulb Africa Fellowship Program 2022
- Rapidly growing network: Gain access to on-call tech professionals and lifelong support and opportunities through friendships that may evolve into professional connections.
- Obtain real work experience: Develop high-demand skills in the tech industry by completing group projects and working with fellows to develop valuable products.
- Earn as you learn: Enroll in a fellowship program that simultaneously grooms and caters to you. Receive monthly stipends for your efforts as you build your tech career.
- Flexible payment plans: Focus on acquiring all skills you need until you are hired without paying tuition. The Bulb’s tuition payment plan allows you to pay when you graduate and find a job. Alternatively, you can choose to pay upfront.
Eligibility for the Bulb Africa Fellowship Program 2022
- You must be a dedicated tech enthusiast.
- You are between the ages of 18 and 30.
- You must have a minimum of a university degree certificate.
- You must have an NYSC discharge certificate.
- You must have at least two guarantors, one relative and one non-relative.
The application process is as follows:
- Fill in the required information and submit your application
- Pass a psychometric test.
- Get invited for an interview.
- Get a conditional offer.
- Fill in your biodata form.
- Get an unconditional offer.
- Receive your laptop and start training
One Comment on “Bulb Africa Fellowship Program 2022 for Tech Creatives in Africa”
Space for email is always displaying “Enter your email address” even after typing it.