Deadline: 30th January, 2021
Brain Builders Youth Development Initiative And United Nations Development Programme Essay Competition 2021
With the growing number of violence and killings recorded in Northcentral Nigeria, Brain Builders Youth Development Initiative (BBYDI), a non-governmental organization with support from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is calling for essay entries from Nigerian youths to discuss the violence happening in the region and to recommend possible solutions to the lingering crises.
The essay competition is in furtherance of the BBYDI-UNDP’s peace project aimed at promoting regional peace and harmony themed “Integrated Approach to Building Peace in Nigeria’s Farmer-Herder Crisis” which is targeted at amplifying the role of youths in supporting COVID-19 response in Nassarawa State. The competition will be part of policy drafting for tackling peace challenges in north-central Nigeria.
The topic of the is “How would you tackle the rising issue of Farmers-herdsmen clash, Banditry and Intergroup intolerance as the Governor of Nassarawa State?”
To be eligible to participate, Participant must be:
- A Nigerian in Nasarawa State (citizen/resident )
- Can Students of any tertiary Institution
- Can be a New Graduate or Professional
- Age of 15-35
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
- Essay should be typed and submitted in Microsoft word format, carrying the name of the candidate as the document name.
- All entries should be formatted using 12-Points font size, Times New Roman, double line spacing and full justification.
- All entries must be original and well-referenced accordingly, plagiarism is highly discouraged.
- Minimum word count is 500 with a maximum of 1000 words excluding personal details.
- All entries must include name, age, school, address, contact phone number and email.
- The essay entries are to be sent to; firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th January 2021.
- The subject of the mail should be “BBYDI Peace Project Essay”
- N300,000 worth of prizes for the top 3 winners
- A rare opportunity to participate in policy drafting for the BBYDI-UNDP peace project.
For further information and enquiries contact: email@example.com or +2347068775529
For more updates on other Opportunities Join us on our social media platforms
For more information visit the official webpage of Brain Builders Youth Development Initiative