We are looking for a Node.js Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users.
Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
As a senior, you would also contribute to the team building efforts, owning product feature development and mentoring juniors.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementation, testing, delivery and maintenance of product features (new and existing)
- Creating technical reports on feature implementations
- Research on existing/new product features and areas of improvement
- Commitment to creating and maintaining secure coding practices (and standards)
- Providing support for product features (when needed)
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Competence and Skill Area
- Good, working, knowledge of a git
- Good, working, knowledge of the SQL query language (MySQL flavor). [Knowledge and understanding of ORMs is a plus]
- Good, working, knowledge of NoSQL databases (MongoDB especially). [Knowledge and understanding of ODMs is a plus]
- Good research skills
- Good time commitment/management skills
- Attention to details
- Quick learner
Key Performance Indicators:
- Adherence to coding standards and best practices (95% one-time delivery)
- Quality of written codes
- 95% adherence to agreed timelines for project and tasks assigned
- % backlog burn rate
- # of escaped/prevented bugs (at least 5 per shipped feature in a sprint)
- # of shipped features (at least 2 per sprint)
- # of enhancements (due to research) on existing features (at least 5 per appraisal period)
- Avg. response time to enquires & complaints through channels (at least 5 minutes after enquiries / complaints are logged)