At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
Exxon Mobil Corporation is one of the world’s largest publicly traded companies, an industry leader in the petroleum and petrochemical business and operates in virtually every region of the world.
Mobil Producing Nigeria and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria, affiliates of ExxonMobil Corporation, and have operated in Nigeria for over 60 years and form one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
The safety and wellbeing of our employees is at the heart of everything we do. We build skills and competencies through training and work experiences in a wide range of assignments. With a long history of industry leadership and cutting edge innovation, we are committed to providing affordable and sustainable energy.
We are inviting ambitious professionals to be part of our Medicine and Occupational Health (MOH) department. This opportunity presents hands-on learning experience from renowned experts in different career fields in our world class organization. You will also have the opportunity to think independently, grow to your full potential, and help shape the future of energy.
What role you will play in our team
As a Laboratory Scientist, you will participate in the Company’s one year graduate internship program in fulfilment of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), contributing in fresh graduates’ professional development and exposure to the benefits the experience of working in a multinational organization afford.
What you will do
- Registration of laboratory requests, preparation of work sheets, and recording of results into various results books (if required).
- Phlebotomy (supervised until competency is achieved), collection of blood samples for various laboratory investigations.
- Daily Laboratory Investigations: supervised analyses of various samples in Haematology, Clinical Chemistry, Microbiology (urinalysis), and Serology; processing of blood samples for malaria diagnosis.
- Quality Control: analysis of Haematology/Chemistry control samples for the maintenance of quality in the Clinical laboratory.
- Work bench disinfection – 2xdaily (morning/COB).
- Processing of clinical wastes – autoclaving, waste manifest preparation, waste transportation process.
- Presentation of seminars (2/internship year).
Skills and Qualifications
- Applicants to this programme must be Nigerians with a degree in Medical Laboratory Science.
- Must have graduated with a minimum grade of Second Class, Upper division (2:1) no earlier than 2019
- Must have completed the National Youth Service Corps scheme (NYSC) no earlier than 2021.
- Must have registered with the Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria with current practicing license.
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- Proficiency in general Medical Laboratory practice with specialty in one or two fields (Microbiology/or Chemistry).
- Good bedside nursing skills and records keeping
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication
- Exceptional problem resolution and counselling skills
- Commitment to high standards and timeliness
- Proficiency in the use of computer software and e-mail applications
- Good presentation skills
- Nigerian Federal Government Scholarship Award 2023 is Now Open for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- Paid Remote Product Design Internship at Axios
- World Trade Organization Essay Competition 2023 (CHF 5,000 Prize & Funded Trip to UK )
- Alx Full-stack Software Engineering Training for Africans
- Call for Applications: TERAWORK N5 million Business Grant 2023 for Entrepreneurs, SMEs and Startups
- The Sahara Group 2023 Graduate Management Trainee Program for young graduates.
- Accelerex is Hiring Software Developers (Backend)
- Entry-level UI/UX Designer Needed at PWC Africa
- The African Development Bank (AfDB) 2023 Virtual Internship Program for young Africans (Monthly Stipend Available)
- The BOI-LBS Entrepreneurship Development Program 2023 for Young Nigerians.
- Call for Applications: Side Hustle Digital Skills Bootcamp 7.0 for African Youths
Never miss an opportunity again. Join our Telegram Group or WhatsApp Group