Application into H & M Foundation Global Change Award 2023 for fashion innovators (€1 million Grant)are now avilable
Application Deadline: 8 December 2022
H & M Foundation is looking for bright minds that can transform fashion and change the way it is seen, worn, and made. The aim of the Global Change Award is to find, support and scale disruptive ideas that can protect our planet and turn the fashion and textile industry into a planet positive one.
Regenerative fibres, resources looping in never-ending cycles and reimagined supply chain solutions. The momentum to transform the industry has never been stronger.
Neither H&M Foundation or H&M Group take any shareholder equity or intellectual property rights in the innovations. The winners can collaborate with whomever they want, and the aim is to find innovations that allow major change for the entire industry.
The winning ideas should fall into one of three categories:
- Regenerate – solutions towards planet positive effects
- Repurpose – solutions towards circularity
- Reimagine – solutions we have not even thought about yet
The Challenge is open to;
Individuals or groups of two (2) to four (4) individuals from any country, eighteen years of age or older on the day of the submission of the Entry, and
all institutions and organizations (excluding solely commercial entities like corporations), domiciled in any country, and legally recognized as such in that country, in which all owners and/or leading persons are eighteen years of age or older on the day of the submission of the Entry.
The Foundation’s evaluation of Entries shall be based on the entry’s;
- The idea’s potential planet positive impact
- The idea’s ability to scale
- The team’s experience and capacity
- The idea’s level of novelty
- Five winning teams share a grant of 1 million euros and venture into the year-long GCA Impact Accelerator programme which includes invaluable coaching and support from the H&M Foundation and partners Accenture, KTH Royal Institute of Technology and The Mills Fabrica.
Accenture – Business & Technology Readiness
Accenture offers GCA winners support with business and technology readiness, while also providing access to a large network of experts.
KTH – Innovation Readiness
KTH Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, offers GCA winners science and technology legacy, a framework for innovation development and guidance in key commercialisation areas.
The Mills Fabrica – Industry Access & Investor Readiness
The Mills Fabrica bridges the gap between innovators and industry players through their incubator programme, impact fund and innovation spaces. They provide the winners with investment readiness and peer portfolio synergies as well as industry exposure, ecosystem network and collaboration opportunities.
- Application opens: 20 October, 2022
- Application closes: 8 December, 2022
- Winner announcement: June, 2023
- Number of winners: 5
- Grant: 1 million euro in total, each winner receives 200,000 euro
- Eligible countries: All
- Duration of accelerator: One year
- Partners in accelerator: Accenture, KTH Royal Institute of Technology and The Mills Fabrica
For More Information: