Online misinformation, hate speech, child endangerment, and extreme violence are some of the world’s most critical and complex problems.
Trust Lab is a fast-growing, VC-backed startup, founded by ex-Google executives determined to use software engineering, ML, and data science to tackle these challenges and make the internet healthier and safer for everyone.
If you’re interested in working with the world’s largest social media companies and online platforms and building technologies to mitigate these issues, you’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for passionate engineers who want to solve difficult problems and use tech for good in the Trust & Safety industry.
As an engineer on our team, you’ll work directly with ex-senior leaders from Google, YouTube, TikTok, and Reddit, build and commercialize cutting-edge technologies, and have the opportunity to develop your skills across a varied tech stack. We are a tech-first company, and our engineers are the lifeblood of everything we do.
You can expect rapid growth and mentorship opportunities, meaningful work, and a fun work environment.
Opportunities + Perks
- Co-locate with one of our teams in Palo Alto, Berlin or London. Flexible work arrangements are an option.
- Work directly with ex-Google execs to develop and execute on cutting-edge tech
- Competitive total comp package (salary + equity) at a rapidly growing VC-backed startup
- Influence new product direction from idea to commercialization
- Help develop critical tech to solve one of the 21st century’s trickiest societal problems
- Generous technology + education stipends and healthcare coverage
- Expect the majority time spent on coding and system troubleshooting
- Design customer-facing API’s for SaaS platform
- Implement scalable backends for the aforementioned API’s
- Perform latency optimization to meet SLA requirements
- Build secure and reliable storage systems for handling customer and business data
- Develop batch and real-time data pipelines for business-critical problems
- Take ownership of systems e2e to meet business requirements
- A technical Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience developing software
- At least 2+ years of professional software development experience (in the industry) where you were coding at least 50% of the time in the last year
- Past experience should be in one of these areas preferably (both are a strong plus): 1) Building server backends, handling logging and performing latency/throughput optimizations, or 2) Designing and implementing data pipelines, informed by a deep knowledge of databases and warehousing/analytics systems
- Ability to write high-quality, well-tested code and high comfort level with Python (Go/C++ also of interest)
Extras (nice-to-have but not required!)
- Experience or passion for Trust and Safety
- Experience as a technical lead or TLM (hands-on development manager)
We are an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and believes that people of varied backgrounds working together lead to the best outcomes across all levels of a company. This is your chance to help build world-class technology in a space that greatly matters to society, working with a team that is invested in your professional growth! Our team members come from all different parts of the world, perspectives, ages, and experiences.
- African Union Internship and Job Recruitment 2023 (29 Positions)
- Apply: Alx 14 Months Data Science Bootcamp and Certification for Africans ($15,000 Worth of Scholarship)
- APPLY: 2023 MTN Global Graduate Program for Young Africans
- Product Designer (Remote) Needed at Kuda Bank
- Call for Teachers: Teach For Nigeria Fellowship Program 2023
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Training Program 2023
- Wema Bank Tech Training Bootcamp and Certification 2023
- Code for Africa Fellowships 2023 for Creatives ($1,550/month stipend)
- 2023 Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) Prize for Literature ($USD 100,000 prize)
- Call for Applications: 2023 UNESCO Internship Program for International Students
- Apply: HotNigerianJobs Is Looking for 10 Data Entry Officers in Nigeria
Never miss an opportunity again. Join our Telegram Group or WhatsApp Group