Applications are now invited for the Google Impact Challenge on Climate Innovation 2022. Here’s how to apply:
Deadline: July 29, 2022
Applications for the GoogleDotOrg Impact Challenge on Climate Innovation 2022 are now open. The GoogleDotorg Impact Challenge on Climate Innovation commits $30M to fund big bet projects that accelerate technological advances in climate information and action.
Building off of Google.org’s Impact Challenge on Climate in 2020, they are looking for solutions that expand our understanding of climate change through data, thereby informing our actions and strategies – projects that map emissions on a global scale; that show people the most effective places to restore ecosystems; that help small businesses understand their carbon footprint.
Benefits of Google Impact Challenge on Climate Innovation 2022
- Selected organizations may receive up to $5M in funding, along with access to Google’s technical expertise and products, to accelerate progress toward a more sustainable and resilient future.
- Apply: RISA Grant for Africans 2022
- Women Techsters Bootcamp 2022 for African Tech Women
- World Bank Group Spoken Word Competition 2022
- Web3 Africa Women Fellowship 2022 for Young African women
- Shell Nigeria Student Industrial Training Program 2022 for Young Nigerian Students.
Eligibility for Google Impact Challenge on Climate Innovation 2022
- Open to any not-for-profit charity, other not-for-profit organization, public or private academic or research institution, or for-profit social enterprise company with a project that has an explicit charitable purpose.
- Your organization must have a registered office in your country of residence. Organizations located in Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Russia, the so-called Donetsk People’s Republic (DNR) and Luhansk People’s Republic (LNR), or Syria and projects in those countries are not eligible to apply.
- Unfortunately, individuals without organizational affiliation are ineligible.
Selection Criteria of Google Impact Challenge on Climate Innovation 2022
- Ambition: They are looking for transformational solutions that have potential for global impact. While your idea does not need to immediately reach millions of people globally, you should articulate how it could ultimately do so. They encourage collaboration between multiple organizations, as coalitions may be helpful for achieving the scale of solutions we’re hoping to support.
- Impact: Projects should drive tangible, real world impact for both the climate and people. The proposal should explain how it will tackle climate change and/or the extent to which it will support others to do so too. Successful applications will be grounded in data and research.
- Innovative use of technology: Ideas should apply technology by creating or enabling new solutions and approaches. Applications can also propose innovative applications of existing technology – solutions that apply AI and machine learning are encouraged!
- Feasibility: Successful proposals for the Google Impact Challenge on Climate Innovation 2022 will have well-developed and realistic execution plans supported with the resources and expertise needed for implementation. Taking on big, scalable ideas with technology at their core is difficult, and they look for teams that are equipped to implement the proposed project.
How to Apply for Google Impact Challenge on Climate Innovation 2022
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Apply by 12:00 p.m. GMT on July 29, 2022 for priority consideration. The organizations selected to receive funding will be announced no earlier than November 2022.
Click here to apply
For more information, visit Google Impact Challenge.