Applications are now open for the D-Prize Challenge 2023 for Social Entrepreneurs to fight Poverty. Here’s how to apply for the program.
Application Deadline: 24 June 2023 23:59 PT
D-Prize seeds new ventures that distribute proven poverty interventions. The world has already invented products and services to end poverty. Yet we have found many proven interventions with large delivery gaps. Millions of people still don’t have access to basic poverty-fighting tools.
Can you design a new business or NGO that delivers a proven poverty intervention at scale? Submit your design for a new organization that solves one of our Distribution Challenges below. We will award the most promising teams with up to $20,000 USD to launch their new organization wherever extreme poverty exists.
- D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background. The majority of our awardees have not launched nor raised any funding.
- D-Proze will consider funding existing organizations only if you are distributing an existing intervention and you have a need for high-risk capital that cannot be supported by your current donors or revenue.
- Existing organizations applying to D-Prize should have operated for no more than 18 months and raised no more than $30,000 in outside funding.
Submit your concept note and resume(s). We receive 2000+ submissions per competition.
Top 5% of entrepreneurs are invited to answer short written questions. You will have two weeks to draft and submit.
Top entrepreneurs interview via phone and email. The top 1% will receive up to $20,000 to launch.
You will spend the next three months using your talent to start a venture that can grow and help millions of people.
Select a challenge above and be prepared for the following deadlines:
- Early Submission Deadline: 14 May 2023 at 23:59 PT (Pacific Time, UTC -7)
- Regular Submission Deadline: 4 June 2023 at 23:59 PT
- Extension Deadline (limited to people who register): 24 June 2023 23:59 PT
For More Information: