We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts.
The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
He/She is responsible for collecting, managing, and converting raw data into information that can be interpreted by data scientists and business analysts.
Data accessibility is their goal, which is to enable organizations to utilize data for performance evaluation and optimization.
The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the
prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture. Analyse and organize raw data. Build data systems and pipelines to evaluate business needs and objectives and Interpret trends and patterns.
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modelling. Build algorithms and prototypes to Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements. Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
Qualifications for Data Engineer
- Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Java and Python)
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field; a Master’s is a plus, Data engineering certification is a plus
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.