Deadline: June 17, 2023
Nominations are open for the Africa Food Prize 2023. The Africa Food Prize is the preeminent award recognizing an outstanding individual or institution that is leading the effort to change the reality of farming in Africa—from a struggle to survive to a business that thrives.
The prize celebrates Africans who are taking control of Africa’s agriculture agenda. It puts a spotlight on bold initiatives and technical innovations that can be replicated across the continent to create a new era of food security and economic opportunity for all Africans.
- The US $100,000 Prize can be awarded to more than one winner, but not more than two. If shared, each winner will receive equal prize money (USD 100, 000 divided in two), a diploma and a trophy.
- The Africa Food Prize can be awarded to any individual or identifiable group of individuals, as well as to established institutions, associations, organizations or government bodies with a formal and recognized judicial and organizational structure contributing to the overall objectives of the Prize.
- The Prize can be awarded to any qualified candidate, irrespective of nationality, profession or location, whose work, and contributions deriving from the work, has had a clear impact on the African situation, nationally, regionally or for the continent.
- The Prize can be awarded with reference to a specific contribution or achievement, or a series of efforts and results in the recent past, preferably within the last few years.
- Current or recent members of the Africa Food Prize Committee, or an institution/organization headed by such a member, are ineligible for the Prize. The Prize cannot be awarded to a person already deceased but will be presented in the event a Prize winner dies before receiving the Prize.
The Prize Committee considers the following criteria for the Prize:
- Contribution to reducing poverty and hunger and/or improving food and nutrition security in measurable terms.
- Contribution to providing a vital source of income and/or employment in measurable terms.
- Potential for transformative change through scalability, replication, and sustainability.
- Increased awareness and cooperation among African audiences and organizations.
- Proven leadership potential of the individual or organization, specifically the ability of the to persevere despite significant challenges or risks.
Any individual, academic or research institution, private or public organization, corporate entity, or governmental unit may submit a nomination for the Africa Food Prize.
To be eligible for the Prize, the nomination must be submitted in writing, in English or French. All nominations, and the identity of the nominator, or nominating organization, will be kept in confidence.
Click here to Apply
- APPLY: 2023 MTN Global Graduate Program for Young Africans
- Product Designer (Remote) Needed at Kuda Bank
- Call for Teachers: Teach For Nigeria Fellowship Program 2023
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Training Program 2023
- Wema Bank Tech Training Bootcamp and Certification 2023
- Code for Africa Fellowships 2023 for Creatives ($1,550/month stipend)
- 2023 Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) Prize for Literature ($USD 100,000 prize)
- Call for Applications: 2023 UNESCO Internship Program for International Students
- Apply: HotNigerianJobs Is Looking for 10 Data Entry Officers in Nigeria
- Nigerian Federal Government Scholarship Award 2023 is Now Open for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- Remote Data Analyst Internship at Axios ($17/hr Payment)
Never miss an opportunity again. Join our Telegram Group or WhatsApp Group