Applications for the Fully-funded Hubert Humphrey Fellowships 2022/2023 is ongoing!
The Humphrey Program brings young and mid-career professionals from designated countries to the United States for a year of non-degree graduate-level study, leadership development, and professional collaboration with U.S. counterparts.
To apply successfully, kindly read through this piece to learn the full details about this program- the eligibility criteria, requirements, application deadline, and more. The table below will give you an overview of what you should expect.
About Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program enhances leadership among international professionals who collaborate to address local and global challenges and foster change for our collective good. Through academic study and professional development with U.S. counterparts, this growing global network shares best practices and builds expertise in fields of critical importance to advance societal and institutional capacity, promote human rights and freedoms, ensure sustainable environments, and develop thriving communities.
The fellowships are granted competitively to both public and private sector candidates with a commitment to public service in the fields of:
Human and Institutional Capacity:
- Economic Development
- Finance & Banking
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource Management
Rights and Freedoms:
- Communications and Journalism
- International Religious Freedom
- Law and Human Rights
- Trafficking in Persons Policy & Prevention
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Contagious and Infectious Diseases
- Public Health Policy and Management
- HIV&AIDS, Policy and Prevention
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention (see 4b)
- Educational Administration, Planning, and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language
Who is Eligible for Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship?
- Demonstrate commitment to public service and potential for advancement in their professions
- A minimum of five years of professional experience (prior to August 2022) in the relevant field
- Completed a university degree program requiring at least four years of full-time study in order to qualify for admission to U.S. programs of graduate study
- Have an interest in the policy aspects of their field of specialization
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English with a minimum TOEFL test score of 525 paper-based or 71 internet-based (Candidates with lower scores may be nominated for the Long-term English Training.)
- Demonstrate the required experience, skills, and commitment while also indicating how they can benefit from this program in ways that they have not already experienced
The Humphrey Fellowship grants provide round-trip transportation to the United States, tuition fees, and living expenses for full-time study. Grant provisions do not include financial support for dependents.
Hoe to apply for Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship
- Application forms are available at the IIE
- website: https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey Applicants need to create a new account and follow the instructions outlined on this website before completing the application forms and other supporting documents.