Deadline: January 20, 2023
Applications are open for the Young Entrepreneurs Challenge 2023. The Young Entrepreneurs Challenge brought to you by Verizon Business and Unloc is an annual event that seeks to find cutting edge young talent across Europe. Now in its 5th year there’s never been a better time to put your ideas into action and reach for success!
Got a great business idea or concept? If you’re 16-25 and have a fresh and innovative technology led idea for a business, or have started one already – then they want to hear from you. The competition seeks the best young minds from across Europe, young people with vision, social awareness and the ambition to achieve.
Stand a chance to win:
- £10,000/€11,000* of funding for your start-up business.
- A mentorship package to accelerate your idea.
- Finalist runners-up will receive £1,000 of funding for your start-up business.
- Ticket to the Global One Young World 2023 Belfast Summit in Ireland.
*The actual prize fund will be dependent on the exchange rate at time of award.
Applications will only be accepted from:
- Individuals between the ages of 16 and 25 years on February 1, 2023.
- Residents and/or citizens of a mainland European country.
- Business proposals must meet the following criteria:
- Be legal in all mainland European countries.
- Be either a pre-start (not yet trading); or not have been trading for more than 3 years and have an annual turnover
of less than £100,000 on February 1, 2023.
- Not have the purpose of political lobbying.
- Be the applicant’s own idea and not infringe on the copyright, patent or intellectual property of others.
- Immediate family members of the judging panel are not eligible to apply.
- Previous entrants who attended the Grand Final are not eligible to apply.
Applications will be judged on three key factors:
- Can the plan achieve what it states it will do?
- Does it operate within the budget/resources currently held or will acquire?
- Is the idea investment ready? How will you use the funding if successful?
- Is the idea unique?
- Does it have a clear unique selling point?
- Is the technology solving the problem in a creative way or filling a gap in the market?
- Will the venture improve people’s lives?
- Will it meet social or community needs in a new way?
- Does it meet or sustain a UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG)?
- Simply record a short video of yourself that’s at least 60 seconds and a maximum of 90 seconds long – remember to explain how your idea meets the three criteria!
- Hit the apply button
- Fill out the application form and submit your video
- Sit tight and wait to hear from the judges: finalists are announced in early February 2023
- TechGirls Program 2023 for Young Women (Fully-funded to the U.S.)
- Google EMEA 2023 Internship Application Now Opened
- Data Science Org Data Science Internship Opportunity for Young Africans 2022
- Apply: She Code for Africa Laptop Scholarship Fund Application – Q3
- FirstBank Technology Academy Recruitment for Young Nigerian graduates.
- Call for Applications: Outsource Global Free Software and Data Analytics Training
- Tamkeen Young Entrepreneur Program 2022
- Call for Applications: The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment 2022
- Apply for the Walmart Data Science Bootcamp – Fall 2022