World Health Organization (WHO) Health For All Film Festival 2023
The call for WHO’s #HealthForAll Film Festival 2023 is now open. Unleash your creativity. Send us your short films.
Join the #Film4health global movement.
Deadline: 31st January 2023
The World Health Organization invites independent film-makers, production companies, public health institutions, NGOs, communities, students, and film schools from around the world to submit their original short films to the 2nd Health for All Film Festival.
Launched in 2019/2020, the festival aims to recruit a new generation of film and video innovators to champion global health issues. Films are a powerful way to raise awareness, improve understanding, and encourage action.
Join our Linkedin group, where we will share updates about the festival event and where you will meet other candidates, jurors and past winners. Find the link below:
The inaugural Health for All Film Festival edition accepted 1,300 short film submissions from more than 110 countries. Incredible content was curated and the winners got a platform to showcase their work.
Be part of the Health for All Film Festival! It is free to participate.
Please visit the film festival web page on www.who.int/film-festival to learn more about previous official selection, winners, jury composition and agenda, while our terms and conditions are also copied below.
Awards & Prizes
1. Universal health coverage (UHC) – films about mental health, noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) and other UHC stories linked to communicable diseases not part of emergencies;
2. Health emergencies – films about health emergencies, such as COVID-19, Ebola, disaster relief and health in conflict-settings;
3. Better health and well-being – films about environmental and social determinants of health, such as nutrition, sanitation, pollution, gender, and/or about health promotion or health education.
Each of the three categories will have a jury made up of external advisers drawn from the arts as well as WHO technical experts. The jury will watch a maximum of 15 selected videos for each category. These shortlisted videos will be announced in March 2023 and screened online for public viewing.
Each prize will include a trophy and a grant as follows:
There will be three GRAND PRIX, one for each category, each GRAND PRIX will receive a grant of US$ 10,000.
In addition, juries can nominate special prizes (listed below) for short-listed videos not receiving a GRAND PRIX. From this pool, the Director-General can choose up to three special prizes, each receiving a grant of US$ 5,000.
The winners of GRAND PRIX are not eligible for special prizes. In addition, there will be only one special prize per candidate. The special prizes are:
-Special Climate and Health Film Prize – Films about health benefits of innovative solutions or ideas tackling climate change. Local or national stories are welcome in the perspective of such solutions to be scaled up around the globe, or simply those ideas to be better known.
– Special Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) Film Prize – Films considering SRH and rights as a fundamental element to the overall health and well-being of individuals, couples, families, and communities. This HAFF special prize and its shortlist of films will be a contribution to the 50th anniversary of the Human Reproduction Programme (HRP) also known as the UNDP/UNFPA/UNICEF/WHO/World Bank Special Programme of Research, Development and Research Training in Human Reproduction
•STUDENT film prize – films produced by students who can justify that the films were made during their university studies.
•VERY SHORT FILM PRIZE: for videos from 1 minute to 2 minutes 30 seconds long with a story in line with the content of the main three categories and/or the content of other special prizes described before.
Please note that, as per our festival rules, commercial/corporate film advertising for a new product, device, or private business service, won’t be selected.
- HE DEPARTMENT OF EMPLOYMENT AND LABOUR IS HIRING: ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK (x3 VACANCIES)
- YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Programme 2023 – Online Cohort 42
- NLNG Graduate Trainee Program 2023 for Young Nigerians
- Hamburg University Undergraduate & Masters Scholarships 2023 for International Students