Applications are no open for the World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2022. Here’s how to apply:
Application Deadline: August 25, 2022
The Africa regions of the World Bank Group (WBG) announce the opening of the application period for the 2023 WBG Africa Fellowship Program for Ph.D. candidates and recent Ph.D. graduates who are Sub-Saharan Africa nationals. Women are encouraged to apply. Through the fellowship, we aim to build the capacity of the next generation of African change makers in development research, policymaking and promote the goals of reducing poverty in the region.
The program targets young talented African nationals who are completing or have recently completed their Ph.D. in an area relevant to the World Bank’s work. The fellowship program has been very successful since its inception, building a strong pipeline of young African talent interested in a career in development, in international institutions, African governments, think tanks, and academia.
- You must be a Ph.D. candidate or recent graduate (within three years of Ph.D. completion) from Sub-Saharan Africa
- Be a recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. program.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period.
Benefits of World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2022:
If accepted, you will:
- spend six months getting hands-on experience at WBG headquarters in Washington D.C. or a country office.
- work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the WBG’s goal of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
Phase I: A short-list of candidates will be made available for hire to the different units of the WBG depending on the applicants’ specialization. Applicants will be notified about the status of their application or whether they have been shortlisted or not.
The final list of fellows will be selected in consultation with the various units of the WBG. When the selection is complete, all shortlisted candidates will be informed of their selection status. Selected candidates will then be notified and, upon acceptance, be hired as short-term consultants for six months starting January 2023.
Fellows are eligible to receive consultant fees and round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C. or a WBG country office from their university or institution.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2023