Application Deadline: August 4, 2022
AfroCreatives WikiProject +film is the inaugural effort of AfroCreatives WikiProject. By mobilizing African film creatives, professionals and film enthusiasts, the campaign aims to measurably enhance information on Wikipedia about the art and industry of African film, including:
- Biographies of notable African creatives and professionals that span the industry, from financing to pre-and post-production.
- African studios, streaming platforms, awards, festivals, guilds, film schools and other institutions that form part of the industry ecosystem
- Movies and television programs that have shaped Africa’s cinematic history and that are defining the current industry
- Developments in African animation, AR, and VR and other technologies.
- Film financing, movie production incentives, government policies, and training and workforce development programs that are advancing the state of the African film industry.
Afro Creatives WikiProject +film is initially focused on the film sectors of Egypt, Nigeria, Rwanda and Senegal. It is launching with a 3-week edit-a-thon campaign to generate a landmark number of contributions on the film industry of these four countries.
- Your contributions will increase African-generated content about the continent’s film sector on Wikipedia and on the web.
- You will help create awareness and interest among the general public about the project and create visibility of the African film industries of Egypt, Nigeria, Rwanda, and Senegal on Wikipedia and its sister projects.
- You will help build the capacity within the film industry in Egypt, Nigeria, Rwanda, and Senegal to contribute knowledge to Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects.
- Help propagate the need to create more content about the film industry in Africa that promotes culture, history and the heritage of our people.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Wikipedia AfroCreatives WikiProject + Film 2022