Fully Funded Volkswagen Foundation Summer School 2022 for Young African Leaders
Application Deadline: April 22nd, 2022
The VW-summer school series intends to train participants on the knowledge and skills of how landscape ecology can contribute to improve the status of achieving the SDGs and the AU Agenda 2063 objectives. The summer school will entail joint engagement of scientists and practitioners from urban, regional and national planning as well as from governmental institutions who are engaged in socio-ecological system development from multiple perspectives.
Requirements for the Volkswagen-foundation-summer-school-2022
- Be a PhD student, Postdoctoral student or early career scientist from based in Sub Saharan Africa or Germany. Landscape ecology scientists from Sub Saharan Africa may also be considered
- Consistently participate in all planned webinar series
- Motivation and interest in Landscape Ecology, Cities and Urban Ecological Resilience
- Brief CV (Maximum 2 pages)
- Each summer school is planned for about 30 participants to be selected from African countries and Germany.
- The summer school will be a mixture of early career and young scientists as well as established scholars and input providers from practice, such as policy makers/representatives of governmental institutions preparing and implementing environmental policies, planners, actors from business and economy and local knowledge holders.
- For the young scientists, the focus will be on PhD and postdoctoral students from African and German institutions.
- The summer school series are fully funded by the Volkswagen Foundation, which will cover costs for travel, accommodation, Visa and meals physical meeting in Kampala in July 2022.
Programme Details of the volkswagen-foundation-summer-school-2022
- The 1st summer school will consist of three webinars and a physical meeting which will take place in Uganda in July 2022.
- The webinars will cover the theoretical underpinning of landscape ecology with a view bringing all the participants to the same level of understanding of landscape ecology and its principles.
- The place and space of landscape ecology in the global development agenda 2030 will be explained and discussed.
- Webinar 1: May 2022
- Webinar 2: June 2022
- Physical meeting (Kampala, Uganda): 18 -24 July 2022 ****Note:
All sessions of Webinar and physical meeting will be recorded.
- Applications to participate in the first summer school should be submitted online at vwsummerschool.mak.ac.ug. The application deadline is April 22, 2022.
- Selected applicants will be required to attend Webinars during which time final selection will be made.
For More Information: