The USAID/AMI EMERGE Programme supports women-led businesses based in South Africa address barriers to accessing finance, build leadership confidence & buy-in, and close financial deals.
This Programme is for:
- Women-led businesses in South Africa experiencing challenges in accessing finance
- The main participant and applicant must be the CEO, Managing Director, Owner, or Founder of the business and must be an active participant in the programme
Generated annual revenue of R500,000 – R5,000,000 in the last financial year
Years In Business:
Operational for more than 2 years
Willing to work online – i.e. Must have a smartphone/Internet connection to access online tools, courses and online community
Willing to share performance/financial data as part of finance linkage
The programme learning journey focuses on taking your business through 4 key phases of your journey over a 4 month period. Each stage is approximately 3-4 weeks long. You’ll be supported by key AMI staff during this period including the Programme Facilitator and a dedicated AMI Programme & Learning Manager.
- Phase 1- Why are you not getting the finance you want?
- Phase 2- How to maximise your chances of success
- Phase 3: How to seal the deal
- Phase 4- Access to finance
- Address barriers to accessing finance with practical tools
Learn how to implement critical business practices that will plug gaps impeding ability to access finance
- Enhance your power skills
Learn how to build leadership confidence through crafting and communicating powerful storytelling and pitching techniques, initiative-taking and using values to shape behaviours.
- Access Finance
Businesses that successfully complete the learning journey will be linked to relevant financial providers.
- Networking and Peer Learning
Businesses in the programme will receive access to peer learning and collaboration to work through challenges and encourage you to keep driving toward your ultimate goal.
- START DATE: October 2022
- DURATION: 4 Months
- FORMAT: Virtual facilitator-led training
- PROGRAMME FEE: Full scholarship to qualifying applicants/businesses
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the USAID/African Management Institute EMERGE Programme
- Uber Data Science Apprenticeship Program 2022 (Fully-funded)
- Call for Applications: Outsource Global Free Software and Data Analytics Training
- Tamkeen Young Entrepreneur Program 2022
- Call for Applications: The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment 2022
- Apply for the Walmart Data Science Bootcamp – Fall 2022
- FAO Africa 2022 Internship Program for Young Africans
- Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Program 2023
- United States Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV-2024): Live and Work in the United States of America.
- French Government Excellence Scholarship Program 2023 for Masters & Ph.D. Study in France (Funded)
- Polygon Bootcamp Africa for Web3 Developers
- Call for Applications: Global Innovation Challenge 2022 ($10,000 Cash Prize)