Application Deadline: 30 September 2022
USADF’s Accelerate Africa Entrepreneurship Challenge is an initiative of USADF’s Youth and Women Entrepreneurship Portfolio designed to address Africa’s youth bulge, economically empower youth and women, and impact job creation across Africa.
The Accelerate Africa Entrepreneurship Challenge is intended to invest in Micro, Small, and Mid-Size enterprises (MSMEs) that:
• Address Africa’s youth bulge by prioritizing job creation to enhance youth productivity and livelihoods
• Economically empower youth and women to apply business solutions to social problems and create sustainable employment across Africa
• Addresses unmet needs of underserved and at-risk communities and/or market demand
• Formalize market opportunities and supply chain linkages for youth and women-owned MSMEs
USADF is excited to request proposals for the USADF Accelerate Africa Entrepreneurship Challenge. Proposals are invited from eligible African youth and women-led enterprises. Selected enterprises will receive funding in the form of grant capital of up to $250,000.
To be considered for the Challenge, applicants must be 100% African-owned and -managed private companies registered and operating in Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
Applicants must submit the completed application template, as well as all required attachments, on or before September 30, 2022. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis, so it is advised that applicants submit their proposals as soon as possible.
USADF is excited to request proposals for the USADF Accelerate Africa Entrepreneurship Challenge. Proposals of up to US$250,000 in grant capital per award will be considered.
- To be considered for the Challenge, applicants must be 100% African-owned and -managed MSMEs or ventures registered and operating in Africa.
- Projects must be innovative scalable enterprises that address local needs through the creation of jobs and wealth. These projects should clearly outline the expected impact on communities and livelihoods, an increase in job creation, improvement of women’s access to funding, reduction of poverty, and enhancement of youth productivity.
Winning applicants will receive:
• Grant capital of US$50,000 to US$250,000 from USADF
• Access to intensive local technical assistance and governance support
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the USADF Accelerate Africa Entrepreneurship Challenge 2022
- UBA Foundation National Essay Competition 2022 for Nigerian Students
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Nationwide Adhoc Staff Recruitment for 2023 General Election
- D-Prize Challenge 2022 for Aspiring Entrepreneurs (Win up to $20,000)
- WAAW Foundation 2022 STEM Scholarship for Need-Based African Female Students
- Commonwealth Masters Scholarships 2023 for full-time Master’s Study at a UK University (Fully Funded)
- Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarships 2023/2024 (for least developed countries and fragile states) to Study in the UK (Fully Funded)
- The Sterling Management Development Program (SMDP) 2022 for young Nigerian graduates.