Application Deadline: 30th September 2022
Eligible Field(s): Any
Type: Postgraduate (Research)
- 2.1 The Scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
- 2.2 The Scholarship is for candidates enrolling in a doctoral qualification, i.e. a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor of Musical Arts (DMA), Doctor of Education (EdD), or Doctor of Juridical Science (SJD), at the University of Waikato.
- 2.3 Candidates will normally be seeking to obtain their first doctoral qualification.
- 2.4. Candidates should normally be intending to study full-time at the University of Waikato.
- 2.4.1. Candidates who have socially compelling reasons for enrolling in part-time study (e.g. illness, disability, parent or carer responsibilities) may apply to the Scholarships Executive for permission to be awarded the Scholarship. The candidate should email [email protected], outlining the reasons for the request and providing appropriate evidence of the need to study part-time. These requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- 2.4.2. During any period of part-time enrolment, the value and duration of a recipient’s Scholarship will be adjusted on a pro rata basis.
- 2.4.3. Candidates will not be granted permission to hold a University of Waikato Doctoral Scholarship on a part-time basis if they wish to undertake full-time paid employment or substantial part-time employment (see Clause 9).
- 2.4.4. Recipients are required to transfer to full-time enrolment if a change in their circumstances means they no longer qualify to hold the Scholarship in accordance with Clause 2.4.1.
- 2.5. Candidates employed by the University of Waikato will not be eligible for the Scholarship, except when permission is granted in accordance with Clause 2.5.1.
- 2.5.1. Employment as a sessional assistant, or similar, may be permitted, provided the hours worked do not contravene Clause 9.
Eligible Countries: All
To be Taken at (Country): New Zealand
Number of Awards: 75
Value of Award: Up to $25,000 pa + domestic tuition fees and Student Services Levy.
Duration of Award: up to 36 months (three years)
How to Apply: It is only possible to apply for a UoW Doctoral Scholarship as part of the application to enrol process. That is why the ‘Apply Now’ button on the Scholarships page takes you to the University’s application to enrol page. When applying to enrol in a PhD, DMA, EdD, or SJD, prospective students will be able to indicate that they wish to also be considered for a UoW Doctoral Scholarship.
- It is important to go through all application regulations in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.