UNCTAD Africa Internship Programme 2022
Apply for this internship programme at the United Nations Conference for Trade and Development in Addis Ababa. There should be no expectation of employment within the UN after an internship. UN Internship opportunities are for a maximum of six months. The internship programme is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (40 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Carrying out his/her tasks under the supervision of the Economic Affairs Officer in the Regional Office for Africa, the intern will perform the following functions:
- Assist in organizing press conferences, briefings and meetings with member states, RECs, partners, parliamentarians, and stakeholders
- Assist in organising dissemination activities for UNCTAD’s research
- Assist in preparation of news items and updating the social media accounts
- Undertake analysis on topical issues on the African continent which are related to UNCTAD’s mandate
- Assist in identifying updated and new relevant information, research documents on issues related to UNCTAD’s mandate
- Assist in preparation of briefing notes and workshop reports
- Attend and assist in summarizing conferences and meetings as necessary
- Assist in identifying initiatives and major meetings at Africa and regional levels, where UNCTAD can participate in (with the UN, African Development Bank, Afriexim Bank, AfCFTA Secretariat)
- Update and improving information contained in the office databases, perform internet-based research and catalogue information related to the work of UNCTAD;
- Assist with the maintenance of ROA’s electronic communications dispatched to stakeholders, including UNCTAD communications and outreach products
- Any other tasks assigned
The United Nations internship programme is intended to expose students or recent graduates to the United Nations in order to enhance their educational experience and to help them to gain experience in the work of the Organization. Therefore, applicants to the programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- Be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent)
- Should be computer literate in standard software application
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Fluency in English is required for this internship. Knowledge of French is desirable.
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
Candidates for this internship programme will be assessed based on their Personel History Profiles (PHP). Individual interviews may be conducted for further assessment. A complete online application (Cover Note and Personal History profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. The cover Note must include:
- Title of degree you are currently pursuing.
- Graduation date (when will you be graduating from the programme)
- List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in;
Explain why you are the best candidate for the internship position. In your Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experience, if any; IT skills and three (3) references.
Apply for the UN internship program on or before July 11, 2022
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the UNCTAD Africa Internship Programme 2022