Applications are now open for the UNICEF StartUp Lab Accelerator Program 2022. Here’s how to apply:
Application Deadline: October 21st, 2022
UNICEF StartUp Lab is an accelerator programme for impactful businesses working to advance the SDGs for children and young people. The programme is led by UNICEF in Ghana, supported by KOICA and implemented by MEST Africa.
The StartUp Lab aims to enhance the business, technological, and communication skills of participating entrepreneurs, and advise on the product-problem fit of their social impact, tech-driven solutions.
It delivers a six-month curriculum to startups through intensive bootcamps in Accra, known as Work Weeks, as well as incubation hosted at partner hubs, mentorship, and virtual learning sessions.
UNICEF StartUp Lab provides a unique product by integrating business incubation and wide-reaching technical expertise and systems knowledge in the social sector, amplified by the reach of UNICEF’s and KOICA’s partnerships. While participating in the programme you will interact with UNICEF and KOICA programme experts, and learn about supporting tools available from United Nations agencies.
By participating in the UNICEF StartUp Lab you ensure that your impact-focused business is aligned with existing development needs and gain access to networks that can support your work.
- Your startup has been operational for 1+ year
- Your startup is a registered business in Ghana (no NGOs, foundations, or individuals)
- Your startup has technology as the core enabler of the business
- Your startup has a business model with a social impact that addresses at least one of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Open-source solutions, or startups that are willing to open-source their solutions, are particularly encouraged to apply
- Startups with female founders/co-founders are encouraged to apply
- The program is designed to include startups from all regions of Ghana
- Funding: Each selected startup receives up to GHS 25,000 of prototyping funding
- Investment: Networking and investment opportunities for graduates, including from UNICEF Venture Fund
- Partnerships: Opportunity to work with KOICA and UNICEF
- Growth: Intense, hands-on business acceleration
- Knowledge: Access to UNICEF, KOICA, and MEST experts
- Resources: Technology perks
Impact: Opportunity to refine your product-social impact fit, and become a UN-recognized Digital Public Good
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the UNICEF StartUp Lab: Accelerator Programme 2022
- United States Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV-2024): Live and Work in the United States of America.
- French Government Excellence Scholarship Program 2023 for Masters & Ph.D. Study in France (Funded)
- Polygon Bootcamp Africa for Web3 Developers
- Call for Applications: Global Innovation Challenge 2022 ($10,000 Cash Prize)
- Data Analyst Internship at Paypal
- Call for Applications: 2023 Savvy Prize for Impact-Driven Entrepreneurs (Win $3,000 Cash Prizes and Support)
- Remote Web Development Internship at Vicdigit Tech
- USADF Accelerate Program to Reward African-Owned Businesses with $250k
- MTN-SAS Data Science Training Program 2022
- Nokia Foundation Scholarships 2023/2024 for International Students to Study in Finland
- Call for Applications: BFA Global Catalyst Fund 2022