Applications are now open for the UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICT in Education 2022. Here’s how to apply:
Application Deadline: January 23, 2023
The UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICT in Education recognizes innovative approaches in leveraging new technologies to expand educational and lifelong learning opportunities for all, in line with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its Goal 4 on education.
Established in 2005 with the support of the Kingdom of Bahrain, the Prize rewards individuals and organizations that are implementing outstanding projects and promoting the creative use of technologies to enhance learning, teaching and overall educational performance in the digital age.
Theme for 2022: The use of public platforms to ensure inclusive access to digital education content.
- The project should be ongoing for at least for 1 yearThe project and its organization should not be affiliated to UNESCO or receive any funding from UNESCO
- The technology tools used by the project should be open and free
- non-governmental organizations or other entities.
- An international Jury selects two best projects annually.
- Each prize winner receives US$ 25,000, a medal and a diploma during a ceremony at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris.
- Every year the Prize has a specific theme, which, while being in line with UNESCO’s mandate and values, advocates for responsible and ethical use of information and communication technologies.
- Relevance to the thematic focus: the project is in line with the objectives of the Prize and is relevant to the specific theme of the year
- Innovation: the project applies innovative technologies to provide affordable and inclusive tools
- Evidence of impact: the project should provide evidence of impact
- Potential for replicability and scalability: the project should show evidence that it can be replicated in other contexts or have the potential to further optimize and scale its impact
- Inclusion and equity: the project should use innovative technologies to advance inclusion and equity in education, while taking into account marginalized groups, learners in crises and emergencies contexts and learners with disabilities.
- November 2022: Launch of the call for nomination
- 23 January 2023: Deadline for submission
- March 2023: International Jury meeting
- April-May 2023 (date to be confirmed): Award Ceremony at UNESCO Headquarters
For More Information:
- IT Intern Needed at Procter & Gamble
- NLNG Graduate Trainee Program 2023 for Young Nigerians
- Tourism Hackathon Nigeria 2022 (All-expense paid trip to Madrid, Spain)
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Engineers 2022
- New York Times Newsroom Fellowship Programme 2023 (Paid position)
- Google EMEA 2023 Internship Application Now Opened
- Apply: Remote Tech Internship at Skibble
- Call for Applications: Outsource Global Free Software and Data Analytics Training
- Tamkeen Young Entrepreneur Program 2022
- Call for Applications: The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment 2022
- Apply for the Walmart Data Science Bootcamp – Fall 2022