Deadline: September 7, 2022
Applications for the UN SDSN Youth – Nigeria SDG Advocate Programme 2022 are now open. The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network – Nigeria SDG Advocate Programme is a training that will allow the advocates to deepen their understanding of the United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), represent the project and lead transformative change in their communities and Nigeria at large.
It seeks to offer youths between the ages of 18-35 years an opportunity to become one of Nigeria’s SDGs advocates, supporting them in the achievement of the SDGs across the 36 states in Nigeria. It promotes the active participation of youths and creation of long-lasting change in their communities or immediate environments whilst also contributing to the global goals.
The goal of this programme is to build a community of exceptional young leaders who will champion and promote SDGs advocacy across the nation, specifically to incorporate sustainable development into schools nationwide by training young volunteers to develop new and strengthen existing youth networks to domesticate, engage and monitor the implementation of SDGs.
- Collaborations with global changemakers
- World recognition as SDG Advocates
- Leadership and Career Development
- Capacity Building of young people to localize global solutions
- Applicant must be Nigerian between the ages of 18 – 35 years.
- Ability to commit at least 4 hours per week throughout the programme.
- Availability to partake in virtual training.
- Interested in being a development and transformation agent.
- Applicants must not necessarily be acquainted with the knowledge of the SDGs 2030.
Selected applicants will be enrolled for four weeks, between 9th and 30th of September, with successful applicants having the opportunity to share the lessons and knowledge gained, applying it practically within the course of the training.
Click here to apply
For more information, visit SDG Advocate Programme.