Applications are now open for The Africa Matter Ambassador Program (AMAP) 2023 for Young Africans
Application Deadline: November 6, 2022
The Africa Matter Ambassador Program (AMAP) is a one-year blended-learning African leadership development program that provides 20 successful applicants with critical tools to address the gaps in leadership, accountability and transparency in their communities.
AMAP consists of an online skills development component, a hands-on Community Engagement Project (CEP), cross-continental network building, and mentorship from industry leaders across Africa.
With their CEPs, Ambassadors are to identify issues that affect their communities and establish tangible and sustainable solutions to rectify social ills.
During their ambassadorship, each AMAP Ambassador will develop and implement a project that can effectively impact a minimum of 50 people in their border community. Thus, the program’s broader impact will benefit hundreds of community members across sub-Saharan Africa. Through this process, the Africa Matters team coaches and guides the Ambassadors to plan, scale, implement, sustain and advise on monitoring and evaluating their projects.
- For the 2023 cohort, 20 young African persons between the ages 17-29 will form part of this program from the following countries: Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Uganda, Botswana, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Egypt, Tanzania, Kenya, Algeria, and South Africa.
The program has three (3) components.
- The first is bi-monthly educational and interactive sessions with facilitators on different topics (e.g. financial literacy, personal development, social entrepreneurship and others.) which are supplemented with mandatory assignments.
- The second component is mentorship, where each AMAP Ambassador is assigned a mentor to assist in their personal and professional development.
- The third component is a community engagement project, where each AMAP Ambassador are required to identify issues that affect their communities and establish tangible and sustainable solutions to rectify social ills. The CEP is to be carried out by the end of the program.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Africa Matter Ambassador Program (AMAP) 2023
- Call for Applications: Wole Soyinka Award for Investigative Reporting 2022
- Google EMEA 2023 Internship Application Now Opened
- Apply: Remote Tech Internship at Skibble
- Call for Applications: Outsource Global Free Software and Data Analytics Training
- Tamkeen Young Entrepreneur Program 2022
- Call for Applications: The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment 2022
- Apply for the Walmart Data Science Bootcamp – Fall 2022
- FAO Africa 2022 Internship Program for Young Africans
- Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Program 2023
- United States Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV-2024): Live and Work in the United States of America.
- French Government Excellence Scholarship Program 2023 for Masters & Ph.D. Study in France (Funded)
- Polygon Bootcamp Africa for Web3 Developers
- Call for Applications: Global Innovation Challenge 2022 ($10,000 Cash Prize)
One Comment on “The Africa Matter Ambassador Program (AMAP) 2023 for Young Africans”
Application strategy interrupted with many site adverts..Make it easily highlighted for easier applications