Tech4Impact Women Innovators in Technology Pitch Competition 2022 for women-led impact innovators
Application Deadline: May 2nd, 2022
Technology for Impact, an initiative of the Children’s Investment Fund Foundations invites women-led or women-impact tech innovators based in Kenya, Ethiopia, and Nigeria to apply for the upcoming WIITPitch Competition which will take place in June 2022.
- Sexual Reproductive Health and Maternal & Child Health
- Tech and digital innovations that support Sexual Reproductive Health, Menstrual Health, and Maternal & Child Health (including product distribution)Social Issues And Talent – Gender Gap In Technology
- Tech and digital innovations that address issues around the Gender Gap in Technology and the empowerment of Girls in TechClimate-action and Resilient Livelihoods
- Tech and digital innovations that are focused on climate change and on empowering girls and women to enable climate action and resilient livelihoods
- Women-led or women-impact tech start-ups with at least one woman Co-Founder.
- Companies registered in Kenya, Ethiopia, or Nigeria.
- The innovation proposed should be at least at the stage of a minimum viable product, and should address one or more challenges within the themes presented above.
- Ten shortlisted contestants will be taken through a 1-week intensive mini-boot camp ahead of the pitch competition where they will receive mentorship from subject matter experts in topics covering Business Development, Technology Advancement, Impact Measurement, and Pitching Skills.
The Top 3 Winners of the Pitch Competition Event will receive the CIFF Tech4Impact award. The ideas proposed will benefit from further business development assistance from CIFF and our partners (including potential investment funds) to help scale up their businesses and address these issues at scale. Details on this and more will be shared with those selected to participate at the event.
The WIIT Pitch Competition timelines will be as follows:
- March 31st – May 2nd: Applications Open
- May 2nd – May 13th: Applications Review
- May 13th – May 20th: Interviews for Top 10 Selection
- June 3rd: Top 10 Announcement on our Social Media Pages
- June 6th – June 10th: WIIT Pitch Competition Mini-Bootcamp
- June 23rd: WIIT Pitch Competition
For More Information: