Applications are invited for Tech4Dev and Facebook Ekiti Digital Skill Academy. Here’s how to apply:
The Ekiti State Digital Skills Academy (EDSA) is an initiative designed to provide youths in Ekiti state with the technology and soft skills competence needed to access local and global job market opportunities. Impact outcomes for the initiative include a reduction of unemployment amongst the youth population and an increase in economic inflow for Ekiti state.
- To facilitate access to economic opportunities for Ekiti’s population through state-wide technology upgrade and digital skills acquisition.
- To empower Ekiti State Youth with advanced technology and soft skills to be able to access local and global entry-level jobs in the technology industry.
- To contribute towards increasing the technology talent pipeline for the Ekiti State technology ecosystem.
- To empower Ekiti State Youth with advanced technology and soft skills.
- To reduce youth unemployment in Ekiti State by improving technology competency and creating job-placement opportunities for program beneficiaries.
Learning Tracks for the Ekiti Digital Skill Academy
1. Frontend Development
2. Backend Development
Backend software development is the branch of software development that creates the code that allows a database and an application to communicate with one another. Backend development is responsible for the upkeep of a website’s backend, which includes databases, servers, and apps, and this controls what you don’t see.
3. Product Design
Product design is a process of creating user-friendly solutions using various design tools. In this track, beneficiaries will learn about the basics of product designs, the various design tools we can use, and all it entails.
4. Product Management
Product Management is the glue that holds product design, tech, and business together. Beneficiaries would learn how to navigate through product management as widely as it seems.
Eligibility for the Ekiti Digital Skill Academy
- Youths between the ages of 16-35 years who currently reside in Ekiti State.
- Applicants must have basic digital literacy.
How To Apply for the Ekiti Digital Skill Academy
Complete the EDSA online application form.
Wait for further instructions via email
for more information visit the academy website
- Call for Applications: Women Techsters Bootcamp 2022 for African Tech Women (Cohort 2.2)
- Call for Applications: Google Career Certificate Scholarships 2022
- Call for Developers: Huawei Acceleration of Digital Innovation in Africa
- United Nations Young Leaders Online Training Program
- Apply for the Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 (up to $40,000)
- Guaranty Trust Bank Pension and Fund Managers Entry Level Program 2022 for young Nigerian graduates.
- Software and Frontend Developer Interns Needed at Vatebra Co.
- Apply: Free Google UX Design Professional Certificate 2022