Teach for Nigeria Fellowship Program 2022 Application
Deadline: April 11th 2022.
Applications are open for the Teach For Nigeria Fellowship Program 2021. The Teach For Nigeria Fellowship program is a 2 year full-time paid commitment that is designed to build a movement of leaders who will work towards eliminating educational inequity in Nigeria.
The fellowship is an opportunity for Nigeria’s brightest and most promising individuals to serve as full-time teachers to students from underserved communities in some of the nation’s most under-resourced schools.
As a Fellow, you will set targets and work towards ambitious goals that will put your students on a different life path. The experience will not only develop your leadership skills but also give you first-hand exposure to the educational crisis in our country. It will help you develop an awareness of the wider issues relating to educational inequity – and deepen your understanding of their potential solutions.
Selected fellows enjoy the following benefits:
- Opportunity to be part of a movement that is changing lives and that will change society;
- Extensive leadership development training;
- Intensive teacher training;
- Real responsibility from day one;
- Opportunity to be a part of a global network of change agents from across 52 countries;
- Access to a Mentoring Program, offering a unique opportunity to achieve professional and personal development;
- Access to professional development and network of supporters;
- Ongoing leadership development, coaching, business training and skills workshops;
- Opportunity to design and implement a social change project;
- A stipend for two years including during the school holidays.
- You must be a Nigerian citizen;
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree;
- Be younger than 35.
Application for the Teach For Nigeria Fellowship Program
The Teach For Nigeria Fellowship is a highly selective program. They attract applications from leaders from different workplaces and graduates from the best universities across the world. Through the 3-staged process, they select the candidates with the highest potential to make a difference.
- Stage 1 – The Application form: Your application will help them understand your experiences, your motivation to join the Teach For Nigeria fellowship and why you would be a strong fit for the Fellowship.
- Stage 2 – Online Test: If they find you a good fit for the fellowship through your application, you will be invited to take an online test.
- Stage 3 – Assessment Center: If successful in your Online Test, they will invite you to the Assessment Centre, which is the final stage of the selection process. Here, you will teach a 5-minute lesson, take part in a group activity, and participate in a one-on-interview with the assessors.