Application is now open for The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals.
The Swedish Institute Scholarships offers a unique opportunity to develop professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other global professionals.
The scholarship is intended for full-time, one- or two-year master’s programme, and is funded by the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
The Swedish Institute open the call for applications once every year for master’s studies beginning in the autumn semester. In order to have a successful application, make sure to be eligible, complete all steps of the process, and that you have the documentation required to finalise your application in time.
- Country of citizenship: You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships. However, you do not need to reside in the country at the time of the application.
- University admissions: You must have followed the steps of University Admissions and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 30 of March 2023.
Previous experience: You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience. In addition, you must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employer, or from civil society engagement
- Full tuition fee coverage. The fee is paid directly by SI to your Swedish university in the beginning of each semester.
- A monthly payment of SEK 11,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Travel Grant. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- The scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 15,000 for the entire study period.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Professionals (NFGP) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you become a member of the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and professional development.
The scholarship does not:
- Provide additional grants for family members.
- Cover the application fee to University Admissions.
- Allow changes to the study programme.
- Allow extensions or changes to the awarded scholarship period.
A complete application consists of:
- CV (SI-template coming soon)
- Letters of reference (SI-template coming soon)
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience (SI-template coming soon)
- Copy of your valid passport/National ID card
- Motivation (will be asked of you in the application portal)
- For their master’s programme: 17 OCT 2022 – 16 JAN 2023
- For a Global Professionals scholarship; DATE:10 FEB 2023 – 28 FEB 2023
- SI screening and evaluation before admissions; DATE:1 MAR 2023 – 29 MAR 2023
- Final evaluation and announcement of SI scholarship recipients; DATE:31 MAR 2023 – 27 APR 2023