Deadline: December 31, 2022
Applications are open for the Student Energy Summit Video Contest 2023. The Student Energy Summit 2023, in partnership with IRENA and Youth 4 Sustainability (Y4S), a Masdar initiative, is pleased to announce the launch of a video contest focused on the theme Reimagining the Future with Renewable Energy.
Participants are asked to submit a video in one of two categories:
- In which ways are you concretely advancing the transition to a future with renewable energy sources in your community?
- What is your country/region/city/community doing to advance the transition to a future with renewable energy sources?
- The winner(s) of the video contest will:
- Receive fully-funded participation in the Student Energy Summit 2023 in Abu Dhabi in November 2023.
- Be invited to virtually participate in a panel at the Youth Hub at the Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week 2023.
- The top videos will be presented at the 2023 IRENA Youth Forum, the Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week 2023 and Student Energy Summit 2023 and circulated on social media.
- Open to contestants between 18-30 years old from all over the world.
- Video entry must clearly and creatively address the above mentioned theme in 60 seconds or less.
- Submissions are limited to one video per individual.
- The video should be in English, or if created in another language must include English subtitles.
- Being fully cognizant of cultural aspects around the world, it is not mandatory that the youth shows the face in the video.
- Young people, especially those from low-income countries and living in areas most impacted by digital divide, may lack access to advanced video-making technologies. Therefore, there is no specific requirement for the video to be of high quality or resolution.
- Submissions depicting violence, sexism, racism or containing content or images that could be considered abusive, inflammatory, denigrating or disrespectful to any groups, individuals or institutions will be disqualified. Submissions must adhere to the norms of civil discourse and be suitable for a global public audience.
A selection committee made up of representatives from Student Energy Summit 2023, IRENA and Masdar will evaluate the submissions based on the following criteria:
- Relevance to the theme: the video clearly and creatively represents the theme of Reimagining the Future with Renewable Energy through positive youth perspectives.
- Originality and creativity: The content is unique and not derivative of other ideas and presents the theme in an original and compelling way.
- Potential viewer impact: The video conveys personal or aspirational thoughts that are inspiring to viewers, especially young people, and that can be applicable in practice by other youth.
You can enter the contest by uploading a video of maximum 60 seconds addressing the contest theme on Twitter or Instagram, using the hashtag #SES2023VideoContest and tagging Student Energy Summit 2023 (@ses.2023 on Instagram and @ses2023 on Twitter).
The youth video contest will be open for submissions between December 1-31, 2022. The deadline is December 31, 2022 at 23:59 Abu Dhabi time.
For more information, visit SES Video Contest.
- Design Interns Needed at Bitmama
- Remote User Interface Designer Needed at Thirteen Eleven Technology & Design
- The Afrinvest Analyst Programme 2023 for Young Graduates.
- United Nations Young Professionals Programme 2023 For Young Graduates
- Digital Marketer Needed at iLot
- Remote WordPress Developer Needed at Turing
- Innovate Now Africa Assistive Technology Accelerator Program 2023 for African Startups
- Standard Chartered Women in Tech Incubation Programme 2023 for Zambian women entrepreneurs ($10,000 equity-free grant)
- MTN Foundation, AFG unveil Digital Empowerment Programme for Women SMEs
- Call for Applications: GABI Studentprenuer Awards 2022 for Nigerian Students (Win N1.5m worth of prizes)
- Future Academy Tech Scholarship and Boot Camp for Young Africans in 2023
- IT Intern Needed at Procter & Gamble